V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder when the Top Pipe Builders will finally get around to inlude O2 Sensor Bungs in ALL pipes........................from what I have read in here it sure seems like many guys are purchasing pipes with these O2 Bungs already welded in.

I want to buy a set already made up, just a pity that the HOOKER HEADERS REBEL SERIES I want dont have them yet.

Ozzie

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Ozzie:
I welded in the bung on my pipes with a MIG welder. It's very simple to do if you're a welder and if you're not, just take it to someone who can weld and it shouldn't even cost very much. If you know anyone with a wire welder they'd probably do it for free. I'd buy the pipes I wanted and then just have the bung or bungs welded in, rather than buy pipes I didn't want. If you go this route, just be sure to put the bung where you need it. Check all clearances as the sensor is fairly long and needs some extra room around the pipe where it's at.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Skippy............................its a bit tough to do where I am at the moment is why I am having a shot at the big name pipe boys so hopefully they see the wizdom of my rantings so that there ARE more pipe choices for us all.

Hey moderators can you move this to the exhaust section I stuffed up !!

All the best Ozzie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts