V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard this is a common problem, but don't know what the fix is. The o ring flange is cracked at the inner primary connection. I've heard a special gasket is made if this happens, but those I've talked to say they don't work. So, does anyone have the answer? How do we save this case?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hi Grey

I have never had to deal with a broken o-ring sealing lip..

But I do have an option for you if the Gasket you've heard of does not work and if you find out the only other way to fix it is to dis-assemble the motor to have a new o-ring lip installed by Trock or another Co. that does perform that work..
They mill out the existing broken sealing case lip and Loc-Tite in a mild-steel ring..

Time & money--------- the time required to break the motor to send it off and the money needed for that job-- Versus simply slipping in a belt-drive..

The belt-drive will cost 250 - 500 depending on what you want and does not need the Primary to be sealed up and it's done in a few hours with beer & cigars,,,, jeeeeze,, no brainer..

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Hi Grey

I have never had to deal with a broken o-ring sealing lip..

But I do have an option for you if the Gasket you've heard of does not work and if you find out the only other way to fix it is to dis-assemble the motor to have a new o-ring lip installed by Trock or another Co. that does perform that work..
They mill out the existing broken sealing case lip and Loc-Tite in a mild-steel ring..

Time & money--------- the time required to break the motor to send it off and the money needed for that job-- Versus simply slipping in a belt-drive..

The belt-drive will cost 250 - 500 depending on what you want and does not need the Primary to be sealed up and it's done in a few hours with beer & cigars,,,, jeeeeze,, no brainer..
Agreed, especially the part about beer and cigars. !!thumbs

1 - 3 of 3 Posts