V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So after much touting as one of the best products out there for a black bike, I picked up a bottle of the Meguires NXT wax. I use Mcguires other products including my all time favorite high Tech Yellow Wax, so I thought this stuff would be the cats azz!

WRONG!! I did not find it to do a good job! The shine was not as good as my tried and true method, and I'll stick with my tried and true wash, blow dry with leaf blower, rubb out any minor light surface scratching with Scratch X or Safe Cut, and wax it up with the High Tech Yellow removing the wax with a spritz of Meguires detailing spray and Rubbing all waxes and washing in one back and forth direction only, never in circles.

Anyone want to pay shipping I'll send you a brand new bottle of the NXT!

I did also try the BOM. Now that is a very good product to use after your bike is all cleaned and polished, to give it a final wipe down!

I would still never use it as it states, as a waterless wash and wax. I always have and always will use good old car wash and water and a leaf blower to get off dirt and grime. The BOM was great however at that final stage, to get off any small polishing or waxing residue, and imparting a deeper shine to an already cleaned and waxed bike. Works real nice on chrome and glass as well!

So as yet, I have found nothing different to use on my bikes other then my tried and true which I have used for years and years with excellent results. The BOM is a nice addition however, to use as I discussed, and I will permanently add it to my kit!

Let Me know if there are any takers on the NXT, it's all yours!

·
Restless
1,672 Posts
I use and like the stuff. If ya wanna throw it in a USPS priority mail box and send it too me I'll take it. PM me and I'll give you the address info. I'll send you a 5 spot in the mail.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts