V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally I got it back from the shop today!! ?prty: She's all ready to go with new pipes, front signals relocated, and new mirrors mounted. I got a chance to take her for a spin around the block before the snow started. Wow! What a difference the pipes make in both sound & performance!! I couldn't be happier! Enjoy the pics!

·
FYJIGM
1,147 Posts
I wanted that bike but the wife made me get a Springer Classic instead. Not that I am complaining. Your bike looks great.

·
Registered
62 Posts
holy-land street bob

if we're sharing pics here, i got my bike last week and immediatlly replaced the stock ape hangers with XLX type bars.
other then that, still stock.

btw, the pics are from the mountaings around Jerusalem.

·
Registered
61 Posts
just curious why the ones i see on most message brds change the looks of the bobber as in adding seat pegs differnt bars etc.kinda defeats the purpose of bobber could had saved 1k and bought the original superglide minus the black engine spoke wheels

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
838 Posts
57_springer_57 said:
hey psk what brand are those pipes? thanks
They appear to be Vance&Hines Big Shot Staggered Duals. I have the same pipes on my bike. I replaced the stock baffles with Big City Thunder "Thunder Monsters". Sounds even better now.

·
Premium Member
947 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I guess you're right deuce. My mistake. Then I'll say that I didn't want to pay $600 for the big shots.

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
Nice bike if I was to get a new one thats what I would get.......... but I am still liking mine.

·
Faithful to the bottle
495 Posts
PSK what did you do about the maping on the bike? Race tuner? Yes the Pythons are the same as the V&H just dont have the changable tips and theyr made a lil cheeper, awesome for the bux though! Great Pix!
-S

·
Registered
29 Posts
Looks great! The new pegs, grips, and mirrors really make the bike stand out. I can't wait until my Bob is back together so I can start enjoying it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
ciginia1972 said:
just curious why the ones i see on most message brds change the looks of the bobber as in adding seat pegs differnt bars etc.kinda defeats the purpose of bobber could had saved 1k and bought the original superglide minus the black engine spoke wheels

well...basically your'e right, but....
The basic FXDi is not marketed internationally (I live in ISRAEL);
The Bob is the cheapest BT sold here - it costs around 28000$ after taxes. :(

The bike is AWSOME, but I find shoulder-height bars hinder my control of the bike.
I feel like I should put more weight on the grips to have a better control and feedback.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
THEStinger said:
PSK what did you do about the maping on the bike? Race tuner? Yes the Pythons are the same as the V&H just dont have the changable tips and theyr made a lil cheeper, awesome for the bux though! Great Pix!
-S
My dealer did just a stage 1 upgrade. Perhaps when I get an air cleaner, I'll get the PCIII or SERT. For now, this should work.

·
Registered
274 Posts
PSK260 said:
My dealer did just a stage 1 upgrade. Perhaps when I get an air cleaner, I'll get the PCIII or SERT. For now, this should work.
Do you mean the dealer did a SE aircleaner and reflashed?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.