V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am now offering CNC ported head that are a D shape exhaust port. They will feature a full radius valve job, new guides, stock valve size , valves will be one piece severe duty S.S. Ferra valves. Milled to 84 cc chambers. I am attaching a flow sheet and a few pictures.

·
FYJIGM
1,147 Posts
I'll take those!! Wait, I already did. :duh?: ~!Awesome! I'll just be waiting patiently for them to come in now.:thanks: Maybe I can work on the 280Z's in the meantime.:unsure: :hmmm:

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
I got a head with a helicoil in it. Is it worth porting? Weld a plug in? I had it off, but the machince shop said helicoil is good. Thinking about porting but not sure if I want to spend the money, if the head may need to be repalced everntually

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Easy to remove a helicoil and insert a tyme sert, they offer much better holding power and are not prone to the issue with a heli coil, That is something that can be done at the time of porting.In fact some racers put one in fromt the get go as they remove the plugs so often the steel insert last longer, than the aluminum threads.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
DNLEVESQUE said:
I'll take those!! Wait, I already did. :duh?: ~!Awesome! I'll just be waiting patiently for them to come in now.:thanks: Maybe I can work on the 280Z's in the meantime.:unsure: :hmmm:
Geez...hope he doesn't get too busy...I'm gettin' ready to start tearin' mine down!!!

·
FYJIGM
1,147 Posts
swmnkdinthervr said:
Geez...hope he doesn't get too busy...I'm gettin' ready to start tearin' mine down!!!
Damn John!! What cha waitn fer? It'll take a few weeks for the heads to come back. I'm lookin at another 3-4 wks. I'm sure it will all pay off in the end.

·
ovanay elinquentday
2,021 Posts
DNLEVESQUE said:
Damn John!! What cha waitn fer? It'll take a few weeks for the heads to come back. I'm lookin at another 3-4 wks. I'm sure it will all pay off in the end.

So, you workin' hard or hardly workin? I'm getting ready to take the bike out. I'll swing by your way over lunch if you want to hear it.

·
FYJIGM
1,147 Posts
GPO03FatBoy said:
So, you workin' hard or hardly workin? I'm getting ready to take the bike out. I'll swing by your way over lunch if you want to hear it.
see you then.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
DNLEVESQUE said:
I know...just couldn't get everything lined up at the same time...now I gotta locate the specialty tools...I'm sensing a a real tedious time awaiting my heads!!! Where'd you find the inner cam bearing tool Doug?

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
GPO03FatBoy said:
Sure...rub it in...I got to ride today anywho...how'd you go about finding/renting the cam tools?

·
Registered
645 Posts
I couldnt find it on your site but what are the prices? Are you selling the heads or the porting job.

·
FYJIGM
1,147 Posts
SiLlY said:
I couldnt find it on your site but what are the prices? Are you selling the heads or the porting job.
the porting job. mine are there now.

·
ovanay elinquentday
2,021 Posts
swmnkdinthervr said:
Sure...rub it in...I got to ride today anywho...how'd you go about finding/renting the cam tools?

You're welcome to mine. I've got the tools for the inner bearings. Let me know if you need them.

The bike runs well by the way. Put 100 miles on it today.

You need your parts, and some time to work on it.

·
FYJIGM
1,147 Posts
GPO03FatBoy said:
You're welcome to mine. I've got the tools for the inner bearings. Let me know if you need them.

A little patience comes in handy at times also.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Ya but does it come with green smiley face sticker for tool box?

·
FYJIGM
1,147 Posts
berserker said:
Ya but does it come with green smiley face sticker for tool box?
DAMN!!! Now I want one of those too.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
GPO03FatBoy said:

Got a box full of parts, taking over to the shop where I'm doing it this weekend but It'll be next weekend before I get to really start working on it...I'll certainly let ya know ...thanks!!!

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
GPO03FatBoy said:

Got a box full of parts, taking over to the shop where I'm doing the build this weekend but It'll be next weekend before I get to really start working on it...I'll certainly let ya know ...thanks!!!

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
No green sticker but that is a idea??? I donot have them listed on the site . I am inthe process of having a new site built and it is looking great so far, right ROB???!!! Please give me a call it really is the best way to get in touch with me. I do check here when I get time but some times that is a few days.
623-505-3626

·
Seasoned Prime Member
446 Posts
I am now offering CNC ported head that are a D shape exhaust port. They will feature a full radius valve job, new guides, stock valve size , valves will be one piece severe duty S.S. Ferra valves. Milled to 84 cc chambers.
What's the price on these heads? Do you have an exchange program?:whistle:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts