V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
'05 Road King Classic
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been on my bike since Thanksgiving. With significant snow still on the ground it'll be 4-6 weeks before I can ride again.

Last night I dreamnt I was riding again. It was somewhat amusing because I was thinking (in my dream) that I was pretty special being the first one out riding. I thought I'd take it down to the car wash to give it a quich rinse but found all these 1% riders there too and I didn't feel so special anymore. LOL! Weird dream, but it felt good to ride again.

No real point to this post other than to state I'm going crazy waiting for riding season.

Dennis E.

·
I haven't seen your bird.
8,499 Posts
I hear you, guy. My bike went into hibernation before Thanksgiving. But I take heart knowing that, most likely anyway, I'll be riding again by April.

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Me too!
I'm getting ready though, took it out of the bubble today and set on it before pushing her up on the table lift to start putting on the stuff I got for it over the last several months.
If chrome gets you laid........I'll be alot happier then last year!!

·
Banned
2,735 Posts
It was so cold here last week that I had to wear a long sleeve shirt when I went for a ride. It's supposed to be really chilly this coming Thurs and Friday...74 & 75 degrees. BRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!! Sorry guys..couldn't resist.
Semper Fi,
Steve....Pensacola
USMC 1972 - 2003

·
Who, me?
434 Posts
It was in the low 30's and a 20MPH cross wind but I had to get on the road. It was a cold damn ride but it satisfied me for the short while as I wait for warmer weather to come in...

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
I'm gonna go into a late winter withdrawl...been ridin' all winter but I just put the bike on the lift today to start tearing her down for the BB build...

·
scooter coot
321 Posts
Does anyone else here think I should send my pal Rocko down to the Sunshine state to pay a little freindly visit to steveusmc and put a stick in his spokes????:brows:

·
'05 Road King Classic
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
brittfan said:
Does anyone else here think I should send my pal Rocko down to the Sunshine state to pay a little freindly visit to steveusmc and put a stick in his spokes????:brows:
Steveusmc is a good egg, but, yeah, a really big stick would do nicely!

Dennis E.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Last night I was dreaming I was flying down the highway dodging 4 ft deep potholes. It must be getting close to spring.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I had a nice ride today!

It was in the 70's in So Cali

Even tho I hate it here, It was a Great day!

Ride Safe!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I just got back from a 5 day camping trip from Tucson to Death Valley and back. 1600 miles. Oh yeah, 83 degees here today. Sorry guys but I just don't miss the snow and rain. Hope you all get your scoots out soon.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Supposed to be near 60 here Wednesday, but my bike is torn down for my BB & cams build! Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait...or sneak in a ride on the wife's Sporty:brows:

·
Registered
645 Posts
I dont know what's killin me more.. The wait for good weather or the fact that my scoot is still incomplete from winter projects teardown. The chromer needs to hurry so i can send her to the bodyshop! Ugh...! :D

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
swmnkdinthervr said:
I'm gonna go into a late winter withdrawl...been ridin' all winter but I just put the bike on the lift today to start tearing her down for the BB build...
If this were me, it would guarantee the earliest spring on record :D

Good luck with your build. Give a shout if you need an extra hand.

·
Banned
2,735 Posts
brittfan said:
Hey,
My Wideglide was born in Sioux Falls....J&L Harley. It told me a couple of years ago how much it was enjoying the sunshine state. Sorry...no spkes on my ride. Performance Machine polished aluminum. (There is rom for a small stick in the slots).
:) Steve

·
Registered
645 Posts
Edit: Today is definately a tad cold.. Guess i'll have to dream some more. Oh.. my chromer is done!! Off to the bodyshop she goes!! :Banadance

1 - 18 of 18 Posts