V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congratulations to V-STRUM and his sweet FXRS-SP for winning the hard fought November Ride of the month.

Lets give him a big shout out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

V-STRUM

Year: 1987
Model: Low Rider Sport FXRS-SP
Eng size: 80''
Transmission: 5 speed
Pipes: Cycle Shack
Seat: stock
Wheels: Rev Tech

And the story: I feel in love with this bike when it came out in '87, but money kept me from buying one. After 3 years of saving I found a very clean, used one in 1990 with 11K miles. It already had some motor work done: EV27 cam, SE carb & ignition, and SE Kerker pipes. I rode it a lot, commuting during the week, pleasure rides on the weekends, touring, I couldn't stay off it.
At the end of 2001, with 108K miles, I decided to freshen it up a little mechanically and visually. The motor was rebuilt, heads flowed, Wiesco pistons, and Mikuni HSR42 added. Black powder coat and chrome covers replaced the the stock bare aluminum motor which I never liked. The entire front end was replaced with FXDX fully adjustable forks, brake calipers, handlebars, and controls, along with Revtech wheels. The tins got new factory teal and black paint, which was a custom color in 2000.
Since 2006 I've owned multiple bikes so the FXR doesn't get ridden quite as much, but it's still my favorite. Other bikes, a wife, and girlfriends have come and gone, but the FXR remains, I love it just as much, if not more, than when I first got it.
Current mileage is 186K miles.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Thanks Settertude, it was a hard fought contest against the evil cwilks who graciously conceded the tie, and now it looks like he may take ROTY.

I'd like to thank the academy, the FXR cult, and everyone else who voted for me, it made for great ending to the year.

·
Premium Member
14,467 Posts
Thanks Settertude, it was a hard fought contest against the evil cwilks who graciously conceded the tie, and now it looks like he may take ROTY.

I'd like to thank the academy, the FXR cult, and everyone else who voted for me, it made for great ending to the year.
Evil is right. I'm thinking a recount is in order as well as an investigation into nefarious vote getting practices.

I'll keep an eye out for you this season. Bound to run into you somewhere. Ever stop into the Holy Grail or Molly's?

·
Registered
963 Posts
Yes, I stop in at Molly's a good amount, I do remember seeing a very green Road King in the parking lot, yours? Not familiar with the Holy Grail.

·
In disguise
2,706 Posts
Congrats, Vstrum. Beautiful bike.

PM Homesick when you get your payout. See you at the secret "Cult" party at one of his many exotic luxury homes.

·
Premium Member
14,467 Posts
Yes, I stop in at Molly's a good amount, I do remember seeing a very green Road King in the parking lot, yours? Not familiar with the Holy Grail.
Could be mine. No telling for sure--probably.
:)

The Grail is in Epping and a great place to stop.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts