V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 Street Glide Special
103", VH 575 cam, VH Power Duals, VH OS450 Slip-ons, FP3, SE Heavy Breather.

~90/100

Was hoping for about +5-10/+5-10...:boom:

Thoughts on graph/numbers?

Just ran a baseline to see what she pulled to compare it to the 110" 10.2:1 kit, SE CNC Ported Factory Heads, HPI 58mm Throttle Body. I will be putting in this week. I opted to use current cam since I already have it and enjoy the way she "feels". Thoughts on this cam or others? Thoughts on what it should make?

Attachments

·
Hopalong
310 Posts
Weird- I typically see 105/85 with those pipes/AC and the stock rushmore cams & a TTS tuner. Adding a cam usually improves that. HP drop off at 5600 is usually a drop off in intake air, either the butterfly closing to 80% or restrictive AC. Might want to re-run with the AC off, and see if the butterfly is staying open for the whole run.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
breaking in a 110" bolt-in, cnc ported heads, 58 hpi w/ 5.3 injectors, same cam. Gonna dyno it next week for baseline comparison then will likely change out fp3 and maybe cam and get it tuned.

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
With a 40 ° close and only 9.63 static, and 8.8 corrected CR, I'm not surprised it's low.
I'll agree, not the right combo for that comp. I'd also think about putting in a different cam in the 110" kit your going to do. You can use the 259e cams from HD as long as you set the comp. up to 10.8 to 11.0, these cams then will rock. Or install a set of Woods 777's at 10.6 to 10.8 and have gob's of low end.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm open to all suggestions. I'm going to get a pull to see how the graph compares to the last one, only $40.

I had it out this weekend and was quicker/faster than CVO 110 stage II, I think he said SE259 cam. It pulls hard thru gears. We shouldn't have but did...was able to catch and pass him with his speedo pegged at 120.

So I'm ok with how it runs but want as much as I can get out of it. Doubt will change heads but will mostly upgrade pipes and different tuner so it can be dyno'd properly.

I got the 10.2:1 pistons with 0.030 gasket, deck height 0.005. Should I have gotten 10.5:1?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I scheduled a dyno "tune" with local indy to get the most out of the bike. It will be in two weeks. He uses Power Vision tuner and wants $200 for license. Wouldn't it be more beneficial and cost effective if I just get Power Vision for $400. Then I save $200 later if I need it redyno'd?

I will still go Saturday to HD and get baseline run on FP3 tuner Saturday.
So I can compare the 103 to 110, both with fp3.

She boogies now, but I'm sure the indy can get more out of her.

·
Registered
137 Posts
getting a good tune from a good dyno guy that can set the timing as well as the fuel curve will get the most out of any combination, also let him know where you want the power + mpg's mean nothing!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
result from today...110/107 without a tune, just canned FP3 map.

I'm happy with results. I am still getting it tuned next week with power vision. There's a dip at 3500-4000 that I swear I was feeling prior to dyno. But I haven't run autotune yet. I'll run autotune this week. So hopefully the dyno tune can fix that and improve these numbers.

I do think that I will likely look to swap exhaust for a 2:1, (fat cat or similar?) and possibly the cam. Time will tell. I'll post graph next week after tune.

Thoughts on the new run?

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts