V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had an issue with my 06 streetglide concerning my injectors. Was having drivability issues when I came across a Harley tech bulletin. Seem's that Harley started using 25 degree injectors instead of 8 degree on the second production run of 2006 model year to solve these issues. After the third time in the shop, I requested that Latus Harley Davidson of Gladstone Oregon install the 25 degree injectors. This is a covered warranty item. They basically refused to do it. They said I didn't need them to fix my problem. What I needed was a $400 custom tune of my bike. Took my bike and went home. Called Columbia Harley Davidson of Vancouver Wa, told them my problem and they said "Oh ya, that's a warranty item" bring it in and we'll fix it. They had the bike for one day and bang, my bike runs great. Feel's like it has more power too. They had no problem taking care of me, even though I spent $20,000 at Latus of Gladstone Or. . I wouldn't let Latus work on my lawnmower after this. I plan on spending the rest of my life bad mouthing that dealership. Unless your willing to open your pocket book, they don't want to take care of you. No problem. Hope they like my P R campaign.

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
jabber said:
Had an issue with my 06 streetglide concerning my injectors. Was having drivability issues when I came across a Harley tech bulletin. Seem's that Harley started using 25 degree injectors instead of 8 degree on the second production run of 2006 model year to solve these issues. After the third time in the shop, I requested that Latus Harley Davidson of Gladstone Oregon install the 25 degree injectors. This is a covered warranty item. They basically refused to do it. They said I didn't need them to fix my problem. What I needed was a $400 custom tune of my bike. Took my bike and went home. Called Columbia Harley Davidson of Vancouver Wa, told them my problem and they said "Oh ya, that's a warranty item" bring it in and we'll fix it. They had the bike for one day and bang, my bike runs great. Feel's like it has more power too. They had no problem taking care of me, even though I spent $20,000 at Latus of Gladstone Or. . I wouldn't let Latus work on my lawnmower after this. I plan on spending the rest of my life bad mouthing that dealership. Unless your willing to open your pocket book, they don't want to take care of you. No problem. Hope they like my P R campaign.
Yup, they started putting the 25deg injectors on at the factory in Feb 2006. Maybe you just had a jerk for the service manager - it seems to be a trend in these dealerships that you have to be an ahole to be a service manager. Mike Stegman works there - nothing but good things to say about Mike - he goes the extra mile on his personal time to help us wannabe tuners out.

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
jabber said:
I have a friend in Tucson with the same problem -- an early production 2006 Road Glide with the early fuel injectors. Bike has drivability problems when not warmed up. She took RG to local dealer who refused to warranty the injectors to newer 25 degree items. Told her she needed an aftermarket ECM and fancy download. She said f*ck it and traded the RG for a $20K BMW K1200GT, to match her husbands bike. (They have money) The kicker is -- local HD dealer can't understand why she dumped Harley Davidson for another brand.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Where did you find out that it is a warrant item. I would like to know what injectors my bike has. Over all it seems to run fine. popping on decel.

2006 SG stock motor, stage 1, remap, v&h pipes.

Thanks, in advance.

·
Registered
109 Posts
My '06 Low Rider had the 8 injectors and ran poorly after initial start-up until it warmed up.

Brought it to a local dealer and got the runaround - "could be the exhaust",
"leave it for a couple days and we'll check it out." Even brought in a copy of the Service Bulletin and received same response.

Called a dealer 40 miles away, set up an appointment, and they swapped the injectors while I waited.

Some dealers are a weird bunch!!

If you want to check yours, the 8 injectors have part#67625-06. The 25 are
27709-06A

Sammi

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
HD_chris said:
Where did you find out that it is a warrant item. I would like to know what injectors my bike has. Over all it seems to run fine. popping on decel.
25 degree injectors were used in production starting Feb 13th 2006. They have part # 27709-06A and the letters DEG written on them. The old style 8 degree injectors have part number 27625-06 and no DEG designation.
The bulletin has a flow chart that the dealer is suppose to follow regarding determining that the injectors are at fault for the poor cold driveability issues. If they are at fault, they should be replaced under warranty.

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
The injector issue, on early '06s, is not so much a warrenty issue as it is a "recall" issue. Whenever a ser mgr writes a work order, the vin # is included and the computer will flag any vin that had the wrong injectors.

This does not cost a dealership anything cause they are paid parts and labor by the moco to handle it!

·
Banned
1,636 Posts
It's getting so the customers know more about what's going on with the motorcycles than the dealers do. Sorry you got the idiot of the day there, but things like this should not happen. Over on HTT, there is guy with a cracked swing arm. He ordered a new one, and had the dealer install it. He rode it home, and discovered it was the same cracked one he went in with.​

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Paniolo said:
It's getting so the customers know more about what's going on with the motorcycles than the dealers do. Sorry you got the idiot of the day there, but things like this should not happen. Over on HTT, there is guy with a cracked swing arm. He ordered a new one, and had the dealer install it. He rode it home, and discovered it was the same cracked one he went in with.​
Too freaken funny I tell ya!

What was it that circus guy said? P.T. Barnum?

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Alot of dealers will not warranty a part that has not "failed", even if there is a tech bulliten, they will try to get you to let them perform a workaround if one is available. In your case, if it was causing performance issues it should have been summarily replaced under warranty as many have.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
hmmm, don't like to be the lone dissenter here, but does anyone find it funny this guys first post is slamming one of two competetive dealers?

I thought it was mandatory that first timers had to post in the intro section now....

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
bwana01 said:
The injector issue, on early '06s, is not so much a warrenty issue as it is a "recall" issue. Whenever a ser mgr writes a work order, the vin # is included and the computer will flag any vin that had the wrong injectors.

This does not cost a dealership anything cause they are paid parts and labor by the moco to handle it!
But not as much as the customer would pay.

·
HATER OF THE GRAVEL!!!!!!
5,761 Posts
I must disagree......

Hi.

I have had dealings with Latus in the past, bought two bikes from them and all, I have never had an Issue with them like this.

I had a 2003 Sportster that after three years, the front fender had the rivets come loose, and caused a rattle.

Harley said the part was out of warranty, Jim Duncan Took the bike in ordered the painted fender and Installed it FREE OF CHARGE.

Jim Duncan is the sales manager there, you should have walked over and talked to him, he would have took care of it for you, I know he would have.

I live three miles for the third dealer here in the Portland Area, Paradise, I would not deal with them wile they were owned by Destanation, But Mike Durban is a friend of mine and I am a member of Sunset HOG, and I have bought my last two bike from there, but only after they matched Latus's price.

I will send this to Jim, i know he will want to read this, and I am sure he will want to talk with you.

This is a case were a dealer does it right 99% of the time, and this is the 1% they were wrong.

Give him a chance to make this right for you.:wavey:

·
repeat offender
691 Posts
That sounds familiar, I had the same problem with my bike when I asked the dealer about the injectors. The guy who made the appt just said they need to make an appt to look at what injectors I have, even though I already checked and I had the 8º injectors. I guess I'm not qualified to look at a part number :whatever: So then when I brought it in, there were 3 guys behind the desk, and all 3 had a different take on what should be done. I finally got them to change them when I explained that the main problem I was having was a few times when I would take off from a stoplight the engine would sputter and die, and I almost laid it over when making a right turn from a light. That finally got their attention and they replaced the injectors.

·
Ironbutt
7,415 Posts
Shaw_2112 said:
hmmm, don't like to be the lone dissenter here, but does anyone find it funny this guys first post is slamming one of two competetive dealers?

I thought it was mandatory that first timers had to post in the intro section now....
Yea, people are getting banned for less.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
miles to go said:
miles to go said:
This was obviously a troll, no replies and no more posts from the OP....

As far as not getting banned? That's easy....respect my friend, respect...

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
TomB said:
Respect is EARNED.
Don't know about you but I give respect first..... If later I feel it's not deserved then I will withold it....

1 - 20 of 28 Posts