V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This story is deemed not newsworthy in San Fransisco? I post it, simply because I know damn well it would have been newsworthy if it happened in a Mosque or Synagogue. It would have been on the front page of the Times.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,301739,00.html
Now, things have reached critical mass, no pun intended. Last Sunday, at the Catholic Church of the Most Holy Redeemer, Archbishop George Niederauer was celebrating mass. As part of that ritual, holy communion is given to Catholics by the celebrants. Two gay militants in bizarre dress took communion from the archbishop in an attempt to mock the mass and the man. — The people who did this are members of a militant homosexual group that runs around San Francisco dressed as nuns.

All city officials are aware of the group because in the past they have publicly demeaned Christianity. The Mayor of San Francisco, Gavin Newsom, has refused to comment.

The District Attorney, Kamala Harris, says she is waiting for a complaint to be filed.

The Catholic Church says it will do its own investigation and doesn't want the police involved at this point. The archbishop has apologized, saying he's embarrassed and sorry he gave communion to people committing sacrilege.

Video: http://www.foxnews.com/video2/player06.html?101207/101207_oreilly_sanfran&OReilly_Factor&San Francisco Values?&acc&O'Reilly Factor&-1&Shows&401&&&new

·
Banned
17,245 Posts
and it's not even Halloween. Did the priest actually go through with the blood and wafer thing for these **** nuns or was this just an interuption?
What's the reaction of the other Catholics in the church at the time?

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fred1369 said:
and it's not even Halloween. Did the priest actually go through with the blood and wafer thing for these **** nuns or was this just an interuption?
What's the reaction of the other Catholics in the church at the time?
He served them the "wafer" which is the big deal. He's being vilified as being a senile old man for being so robotic as to not even stop and question who he's serving.

It's a problem throughout the Church, the idea that communion is ok for anyone that asks. It's not what the Church has taught since 50 AD, and it's not what it teaches now, but in our "I'm ok - you're ok world" where Nancy Pelosi and Ted Kennedy are served without reservation, this is what it has lead to.

Hopefully the Church will have the "ballz" to file a complaint against these nut jobs, but I doubt it because it will further embarass the Bishop. (too bad!)

Again, as I was saying Geoff, it's not that this wasn't a story in SFCA, no surprise there. It's the fact that if this had been a interruption of a Muslim or Jewish ceremony it would have made the news around the world. But since it's just the Catholics...hey no biggie right?

·
Banned
17,245 Posts
if Fred Phelps and the WBC had disrupted communion it might have made the news. I can see it now...a bunch of bikers wearing white collars standing guard at the door. and,yes, I would be in there with them.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
DJW said:
Again, as I was saying Geoff, it's not that this wasn't a story in SFCA, no surprise there. It's the fact that if this had been a interruption of a Muslim or Jewish ceremony it would have made the news around the world. But since it's just the Catholics...hey no biggie right?
Catholics all over the world should be out in the streets by the millions protesting and threatening the lives of those involved in this. Actually I agree with you, it's OK to dump on Christians but if it was Muslims or Jews or whatever else, it would have been a terrible thing that made big news. @gree: @gree:

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
DJW said:
but in our "I'm ok - you're ok world" where Nancy Pelosi and Ted Kennedy are served without reservation, this is what it has lead to.
I'm just curious...what man or woman here on this earth has the right to make these judgments, because in your statement you vilify those you deem undeserving???

Misguided beliefs (objective judgments) are not condemnation, it may even be that your view of those you pointed to is in truth wrong, but none of us have the right to pass judgment on you or any other individual right or wrong...

These kind of sweeping politically motivated religious statements really piss me of...let ye of no sin cast the first stone...

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
How was he to know that they would desecrate the host(wafer)? It is a shame that someone would intentionally do something like this, usually at weddings and and other services that non catholics are attending, the priest tells the congregation that the sacrament of communion is for those that are perpared for it. This is an important part of the catholic(and all apostalic Christians) ceremony. In the past, it has been the priest's job to police this, but now it is basically the responsability of the receiver.

Anyone who does something intentionally sacreligious to any faith is dispicable. This kind of act is demeaning to any American and any person of faith. I do not know if it is illegal, flag burning is not. This is done, in very poor taste, to protest some part of what the religion stands for.

Shame on them, I hope someone is able to give them an attitude adjustment, although I do not feel that this is a job for the law.

Being an American, I have to respect the rights of people of any faith to have thier ceremonies. The fact that I do not agree with their beliefs does not give me the right to something like this. That includes Muslims or any others, even those who do not particulairy care for the American way of life, as long as it is kept within the church, mosque or synagogue.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
I'm not sure where the Roman Catholic church stands on this issue, but I believe, Biblically, the persons who would be in any sort of danger from what happened would be the gay mockers, not the priest. There is certainly indications in Scripture that some who were taking communion in an unworthy manner were dead because of it. What the gay mockers did would probably qualify as taking communion in an unworthy manner.

·
Banned
3,710 Posts
not the first time

DJW, on the Michael Savage radio show he talked about the Archbishop.

This was a set up, Archbishop Niederuer has been an activist for the "gay

Ccommunity" He went on to more details which I can't produce at this

moment.

The "gay community" would not dare do this in a mosque, the know probably

wouldn't come out the way they went in.

know what i mean?:yes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts