V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
HOGDOG
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did it, I bought a BMW R1200GS to change things up a bit. Now before you flame me about defecting to the other brand, keep in mind that I kept my Harleys. I like all motorcycles and every brand has their advantages and disadvantages, but it's all 2 wheels to me.

It's another slice of life, if you haven't tried one, you may like it. Here it is:

For those of you who appreciate all kinds of bikes, I wanted to share the new member of the family, heck who else can I talk to about bikes?

I'd be willing to bet that there are many of you who have other brands you enjoy besides that HD in the garage.

So, besides your HD, tell us what other brand bike you also have and ride?

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
Sheeeiiit, I'm just glad that you can afford to live in Ventura and afford multiple Harleys and a Beemer. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!! You sir, have achieved my version of the American dream!:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
HOGDOG
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the nice comments, but I wouldn't be too ashamed of Bakersfield, I was there recently and things have changed for the better in many ways. The airport seems to be growing too (Meadows Field).

Any place can be your dream place - it's all what you make it! :thanks:

·
Part Time Hero (Retired)
208 Posts
Nice Beemer!! :thumbsup: Although that phrase sounds redundant.... Congrats on a good lookin' set of wheels!

JD

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Nice bike.....before the HD's I rode Japanese sport bikes. Sometimes I miss them, but love the Harleys. Enjoy that new ride.....

Tony

·
Registered
507 Posts
I own a 2003 Fatboy and a 2001 Honda XR400 with a Baja Designs street legal kit on it :)

2 different beasts!

Both have there purposes and are great

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a few friends that have added / switched to the GS. Once you ride them, or with them, they impress.

2005 Fatboy
2001 R1
2004 KTM SX450

·
HOGDOG
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
84FXRP said:
No flame, the GS is a great bike. Just wondering did you consider the Buell?
The Ulysses is a great bike and they are selling very well. The 12GS seemed to have a little more in the way of creature comforts, maybe I could describe it as a more mature type of ride than the Buell.

·
Banned
9,436 Posts
:banana: I don't see any problem with multiple bikes and brands. I've got a FatBoy and a Suzuki GSXR. That Beemer is a nice looking bike. I've been thinking I need a multi-purpose, adventure style bike to round out my stable. I'll be looking at the Beemer as well as the Ulysses, and maybe even KTM.

Lefty
'05 FatBoy (Jolene)

·
Registered
9 Posts
That is a cool bike, and I'm with you, they're all cool. I've got a 2004 Yamaha Warrior in my garage parked right next to my Street Glide. If I'm being honest though, the Warrior hasn't hardly moved since I got the Harley.

·
Registered
69 Posts
bmw

Nice Beemer! I've got a 03 R1150R that really is an amazing bike. It is the kinda bike that does everything well. It's pretty fast, can stop on a dime, can run with the sport bikes in the twisties, has longevity, great suspension etc. etc.

Way to go!

Dave

·
Registered
443 Posts
I've rode & owned most brands from time to time. Never a Beemer though, I do admit they pique my interest at times. I always thought the older ones were just too butt ugly to even consider. Never a question that they were great bikes. I just couldn't bring myself to throw a leg over something I couldn't stand to look at. They've changed a bunch over the years though, for the better. Congrats DD, nice ride ya got there. Looks like a best of both worlds situation you've got yourself into, enjoy!

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Bmw Gs

I have heard that bike is one of the best all around bikes out there. The reviews say it does it all! If I had the cash I would have one and probably an extra Harley too! Enjoy it and be safe.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2006 Road King and a 2005 Triumph Speed Triple. I love both bikes, but lately have been riding the Harley more often. But when I do get on the Triumph I don't regret it one bit. That bike is fun as hell as has great low end power, obviously a totally different ride. I would love to get a Beemer also, but am having a difficult time convincing the wife that I can even have two bikes now :)

Variety is the spice of life!!!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Lucky dog. I test rode one of those bikes earlier this year and loved it. My next bike (will be an addition, not replacement) will be a GS or possibly the Ulysses.

Enjoy that bike and please give us the occasional update how you're liking it.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Germans make fine machines, skilled craftsman. If I had the money would have a couple more bikes. They make good touring bikes, lighter then the others.

·
Registered
191 Posts
"So, besides your HD, tell us what other brand bike you also have and ride?"

Had a BMW R1150RT for 3 years that I recently traded in on my Street Glide. Great bike, but the ride and handling closely mirrored my K1200LT and I missed riding a comfortable cruiser :thumbsup: .

regards

1 - 20 of 39 Posts