V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled my heads off tonight. The rear was about 3/4" bellow top of cylinder. Did I screw up pushrods, lifters or rocker arms?? I am going to keep posting until I get the answer I want:loser:

·
Nice to ride again :-)
1,802 Posts
berserker said:
Pulled my heads off tonight. The rear was about 3/4" bellow top of cylinder. Did I screw up pushrods, lifters or rocker arms?? I am going to keep posting until I get the answer I want:loser:
Not sure what you mean but you need room for a spark plug and the valves not to hit the piston at TDC.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Did you think you had the rear cylinder at TDC before disassembly? Dont understand the question? Assuming you have adjustible push rods...back them off till really lose and pull the heads...who cares where the motor's at.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just though of this as I got out of bed. I removed the rear head first. Then rotated engine and removed the front head. Which was right at the top of the cylinder. So the rear cylinder was hopefuly at TDC when I removed rocker arm.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SYCLONE said:
Did you think you had the rear cylinder at TDC before disassembly? Dont understand the question? Assuming you have adjustible push rods...back them off till really lose and pull the heads...who cares where the motor's at.
I don't have adjustable. So I was concerned that I unbolted the rocker arm under load.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts