V-Twin Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
not sober all the time
5,227 Posts
I go back for the 6 month checkup next week. It snaps, crackles and pops sorta like before it was replaced but it doesn't hurt as much. And it's stiff especially in the morning. The range of motion isn't what my left one is and they say it never will be. I guess it's not like replacing a bad piston ring or changing oil & a filter. I'll be happy with it if I can get some life out of it. I hope yours holds up.

·
Registered
15,764 Posts
The range of motion isn't what my left one is and they say it never will be.
My OEM knees don't have much range of motion. If a new one is less, I don't think I could work on my scooter.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
742 Posts
I have had a Stryker active knee for 3 years, I had full motion in 5 weeks. I forget I even have it. I doubt if I could run very well but Im 71 years old. I will say it took awhile to regain my energy but I went all in on therapy. that being ssid I hope I dont need the other one anytime soon.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,382 Posts
I have had a Stryker active knee for 3 years, I had full motion in 5 weeks. I forget I even have it. I doubt if I could run very well but Im 71 years old. I will say it took awhile to regain my energy but I went all in on therapy. that being ssid I hope I dont need the other one anytime soon.

Have you seen X-rays of your bionic knee? All the hardware is, basically, is end caps for the 2 bones, with a plastic cushion between. They can't really have much influence on strength or range of motion, that I can see. I think that stuff is all dependent on the biological parts.

joe

·
Registered
742 Posts
Yes I did, pretty spooky. the motion comes from excercise, stretching, and not quitting because you are tired and it hurts. I also believe the therapists were incredable, very supportive and patient. I had 1 hr sessions booked but they let me stay and give me things to do for as long as I felt like working at it. I usually spent about 2 hours there each time. They also believed the surgeon was Top Notch. I agree.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts