V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Ironbutt
7,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up Sporty fans. I guess everyone is riding instead of posting.

·
I haven't seen your bird.
8,499 Posts
I know I was. Probably the final weekend, though. Oil change next week and then the bike hibernates. I might hold off a little longer but I jumped ship to another insurance company that lets me turn off all the non-riding-related coverage while the bike is in storage. And that coverage kicks in next week.

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
MadCity said:
I know I was. Probably the final weekend, though. Oil change next week and then the bike hibernates. I might hold off a little longer but I jumped ship to another insurance company that lets me turn off all the non-riding-related coverage while the bike is in storage. And that coverage kicks in next week.
What company is that and now much do you save?

·
If we gotta wear helmets
210 Posts
If anyone else has feedback about the exhausts I'm looking at for my 07 883 I'd appreciate it. I posted an article in the Exhausts forum.

·
I haven't seen your bird.
8,499 Posts
Originally posted by geoffreyt
What company is that and now much do you save?
I've been insured by Progressive since day one, and I was happy with the rate. To fully insure the bike for another year, it would have been $205 for a year's coverage. Not bad. Then I switched a bunch of our other coverage (condo association, condo, car and bike) to State Farm. State Farm would be about $100 more than Progressive for the bike if I had full coverage all year, but by suspending all the non-riding coverage (collision, uninsured motorist, under-insured motorist, medical payments, etc.) during the winter months when the bike is in storage, I pay only $21 for comprehensive until I ride again. Bottom line is (estimated) I'll pay about $135 instead of $205 by covering the bike for other than comprehensive only when riding. I'm not clear on how many other companies offer that option, but it's a question worth asking your agent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts