V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the dual bottle NX express system will fit a sportster, they won't e-mail me back. If not anyone know if holley makes a kit will a 2-3 pound bottle? I've ck edlebrock, they don't make a kit for the sportster. Anyone, thanks.

·
Registered
245 Posts
nos kits

the edelbrock people are finishing their sporty kit. i spoke with the fella designing it, and he helped me with mine. i put the dyna kit on my 02 sporty. it required a few mods and a weld on the swingarm to mount the bottle. but i love it. it added 31 hp. I have discussed it here before

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THanks, edlerock makes a clean kit, guess I will hold off till the kit comes out. 31hp should make an interesting sporrtster!

·
Registered
245 Posts
here is where the pump and electronics go

behind the chrome cover. machined mods for the engine mounts and the choke.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Kinda considering this for my bike also, if you look at my motor mount and coil (below) you can see I may have to move my stuff or put the nos controls elsewhere. Kerry do you think its possible to reloacte the eldelbrock stuff elsewhere? Only you know whats under that chrome cover in your pic

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats pretty neat, but I believe you may be right, I think a coil needs to be away from a certain amout of heat for the conductivity to be at it's best. That is a clean set up. do you havea full pic of the bike that is postable? Cool thanks for the HOG friendliness.....

·
Registered
629 Posts
Screw that, get a turbo and have always on fun :D

·
Registered
245 Posts
nos parts

yep the goods can be detached from that big chrome plate and remounted to a different plate , but that chrome palte looks expensive. instead find a good indy with lots of machining experience and talk to edelbrock customer service about just ordering the electronics and the fuel pump and lines raw to be mounted by hand by you or your indy....should save money...the site shows the parts list and costs.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well NX express mailed me back, they simply said "Our dual bottle set-up is usually mounted on the forks or the frame. I've yet to see that kit mounted on a sportster, so I am weary. I have to figure out if that VOES switch needs to be bypassed and what jets to use without killing normal drivability which is 95% of my riding. I do have forged pistons, but as some of my posts have shown, I have had detonation problems without the juice. My guess is I will need a new ignition, the rev limit on the stock one is hit to easy anyway. Maybe some cold plugs, ignition and and a fuel pressure guage. Any idea when the edlebrock kit will be out Kerry? By spring? Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts