V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am taking a trip through northern West Virginia in October, coming back from a haul-ass Interstate ride to Cleveland on my way back to NC. Much of it on Hwy 250, and then to Blackwater Falls, the Dolly Sods and Seneca Rocks. Anybody know the area enough to suggest other places to see or roads to take through that area? You know - the important stuff, like bars, saloons and taverns?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmmm...dunno - pubs seem to be prissy kinda places with darts and posters of Britney Spears in 'em. I always feel like I gotta wear a tie ... but Gin Mills - hey thats got a nice ring to it. Kinda makes it sound like it's half full of loose women and hookers don't it? OK... Gin Mills, too.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
If you can go as far to Pikesville Ky. thats a great place. Good Bars cheep motel rooms right off of US 23 (a nice road) and even a Harley dealership. About 2 hours south of Huntingon .

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Visit the old Federal ( could be state not 100% sure ) Prison in Moundsville. It's a great tour and very interesting.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Muthuh said:
Great - riding right through Moundsville anyway... although the thought of going into a prison kinda ratchets up the pucker factor just a tad, don't it?
But what if the prison had all female inmates? :D

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Mutha, if you come on south not too far from seneca a good area to visit is the Cass and Snoeshoe Mountain area.Snowshoe has a rally called FreedomFest every year and they also have the state HOG rally. It is a ski resort that has plenty of good bars on top of the mountian. If you come on south about 17 miles you come into Marlington which has a bike night a few times a year. Both places have some cheap motels that welcome bikers, Iwent to FreedomFest this year and there were around 3500 bikers on the mountain, if you check out www.snowshoefreedomfest.com you will find some good maps of the area. If you make it this far down in WV make sure to ride the scenic highway from marlington over to richwood, it is one of my favorite stretches of road with some awesome overlooks. If you make it down to Beckley,WV be sure to check out Dicks Yacht Club,its a great hangout. All the area around snowshoe is great riding!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ahhh - too far south - beenthere twice last year - looking for northern WV this trip... been to Cass a couple times, and Snoeshoe is too commercial, congested for me. I spend the night in Marlinton each time I go through that area, too... nice bar in town 'cept I bumped into some neo-nazi's and damned near had a fight when he gave me **** about running an american flag on my bike... when me, my riding bud, and four locals sitting at the bar in bib overalls stood up inviting him to the corner of the bar (it was too cold outside) they stood down, apologized and bought us a beer. Seems they gonna have some problems up that way soon.

Seems I had a few cold ones in Beckley the first trip, too... some titty bar on Harper Rd I think... Owners OL drives a bike tagged WVPetHog... know her?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts