V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
repeat offender
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I just joined here last week and never did introduce myself, so here goes:

My name is Brian and I just bought an '06 Street Glide last week, it was my 40th birthday present to myself. I have been riding since I was 13 when I bought my first motocross bike, a YZ250, and I have had many Husqvarna bikes since that one. I had a few RD400's and a Kawi triple 500 back in the early 80's when they were popular. I bought my first HD when I was 30, a worn out '89 FLSTC which someone had tried to make look like a fatboy. I spent countless hours tricking that bike out but I was stupid enough to put my wifes name on the title and I underestimated her skills at getting the most out of a divorce!! It's been a long hard road getting my credit back in order and getting this FLHXI is really a dream come true!

I live in Oakley, CA, about an hour S.W. of Sacramento and I have 2 kids, a 10 yo son and 13 yo daughter. I am VERY much into scuba diving, spearfishing, diving for abalone & scallops. We go camping on the coast around 8 times during the summer and I am trying to figure out how to get someone else to cart all my camping gear up to the campgrounds so I can ride my bike.:wootdnc:

If anyone around this area knows of some local events or groups to get together with, please let me know, especially clean & sober rides.

Thanks!!

Brian M

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Congrats on the new bike and happy birthday!! Post up often and enjoy.

·
Yet another 43 Double D
626 Posts
Welcome

Glad to see another SCUBA diver around here. Congrats at putting an ugly past behind you, my your roads be smooth and your weather fair. Keep the shiny side up my friend and :welcome:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Welcome to the forum Brian.. not that far from you.. up in Roseville California. I am relatively new as well... I have had my bike (2005 RKC) for about 8 months now...

Have 2 kids (8 and 5) and a lovely wife (she bought the bike for me as an anniversary gift!)

Ride safe and let me know if you are coming through the area...

Take care bud!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Heh Flyin Brian, welcome to the site, I just joined myself. My husband and I live in Concord, our daughter and family live in Brentwood right around the corner from you. We love to go riding so anytime you want to meet and go for a ride just e-mail. We have a few friends who ride, but have not really joined any group. We have a second home in Reno and always go up to Street Vibrations that is a kick. Lots of fun riding up there. Again welcome

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Hi Brian

Welcome to the hideaway.

You are in to some cool stuff. I like many of those activities to.

You will find some genuine Human beings here at D. Price's Brain child.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.