V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
The Anti-RUB
Joined
·
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
My girlie and I were planning on going down to the Hollister Rally this year. She was really looking forward to it. It would have been her first rally ever, so she's really disapointed that it got canceled. So I was wondering what are some other good rallies to go to in Nor-Cal this Summer? Thanks...

I mentioned Sturgis and the 1700 mile ride... She said, "You can ride, I will fly"...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,981 Posts
petrock said:
Hey,
My girlie and I were planning on going down to the Hollister Rally this year. She was really looking forward to it. It would have been her first rally ever, so she's really disapointed that it got canceled. So I was wondering what are some other good rallies to go to in Nor-Cal this Summer? Thanks...

I mentioned Sturgis and the 1700 mile ride... She said, "You can ride, I will fly"...
You might try a couple of poker runs first, just to warm up. Get a copy of the Thunder Press at any HD dealer. They usually don't have em out front, you have to ask, usually at the parts counter for em, this will be your bible for all that is happening in the HD world, especially on the west coast, it is very california oriented. Great resource for all kinds of stuff, I can't believe everyone doesn't know about it! I get one every month, only reason I walk into a dealer if I'm lucky.....
They will list area poker runs in your neighborhood almost every weekend from april through oct. Might wanna stay away from the 1% type groups runs if yer kinda new to this til you get your feet wet. They throw some great runs but they can be...

different, Just be patient and tolerant....
 

·
The Anti-RUB
Joined
·
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
adlerx said:
You might try a couple of poker runs first, just to warm up. Get a copy of the Thunder Press at any HD dealer. They usually don't have em out front, you have to ask, usually at the parts counter for em, this will be your bible for all that is happening in the HD world, especially on the west coast, it is very california oriented. Great resource for all kinds of stuff, I can't believe everyone doesn't know about it! I get one every month, only reason I walk into a dealer if I'm lucky.....
They will list area poker runs in your neighborhood almost every weekend from april through oct. Might wanna stay away from the 1% type groups runs if yer kinda new to this til you get your feet wet. They throw some great runs but they can be... different, Just be patient and tolerant....
I forgot about the Thunder Press. Thanks for the reminder...

No, I'm by no means new to rallies or poker runs, not even 1%'ers for that matter. Its my girl who's the newbie. I'm looking mainly for a rally type event, rather then a poker run, because there alot more fun IMO and alot more bikes/interesting people. Plus she wants to be "that girl" cruisin' down Main St. on the back of a harley wearing a string bikini... I aint gonna argue with that... :thumbsup: :boobies: :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
432 Posts
The Mid State Rally is in Paso Robles over Labor day weekend. There was also one in Bakersfield last year, I don't remember the name, but it had 6 of the biker build off guys. Matt Hotch, Chika, Salinas Brothers the others slipped my mind, old age catching up.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
245 Posts
Try this URL: http://webpages.charter.net/ScorpionsHawgLair/events.html
Updates are fairly current, but the lazy ba$*&% sometimes is slow in getting new stuff out(I like the runs/rallies to be out the day it's anounnced .) Ok, I'm just pulling your leg....:clap: But, for the most part it's pretty good for runs/rallys etc.. in the northwest.
Flatline
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
958 Posts
I can' believe no one has suggested the Redwood run yet, well I will.
Might as well take her to the best one.
 

·
Highly Seasoned Rider!
Joined
·
4,884 Posts
Thunderhog said:
Redwood Run -> http://www.redwoodrun.com/
Happy Camp River Run
Klamath River Klassic
Sorry, for $115.00, I'll just stay home. I've been there about five times but haven't gone since they got close to $100. Yes, I've got plenty of money for runs. No, I'm not cheap.

Also, I didn't like the nitrous oxide concession. :(

Other than that, it was a lotta fun.

BTW, the Reno, Navada Street Vibrations is an excellent gathering. I've been to the last ten or so of those. Very nice setting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
There will still be a lot of people in Hollister that weekend, and it might be easier to find parking. Johnny's and Whiskey Creek are a must. There will be vendors on private property.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
622 Posts
The HOG State Rally is in Redding, CA (about 2 hrs north of Sacramento) on Labor Day Weekend. Big Bike Weekend another Redding event is in Oct...
 

·
The Anti-RUB
Joined
·
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
TBo said:
The HOG State Rally is in Redding, CA (about 2 hrs north of Sacramento) on Labor Day Weekend. Big Bike Weekend another Redding event is in Oct...
I assume you have to be a HOG member or ride up with one to go to these rallies... Don't wanna feel like I'm crashin' the party... :wootdnc:
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top