V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to change my oem horn off my new ride and wanted some of your thoughts before I purchase anything.

On my last ride I put the HD air horn on there and liked it alot, but I think I want something a little different for this one.

I have read some about the mini beast air horn but don't know much about it.

I want something to get people's attention when I need to.

Thanks for any and all replies

·
Registered
83 Posts
I think all of those self-contained air horns use Stebel components. I have the Mini-Beast, and I like it A LOT, but it is kind of bulky looking. Got mine off Ebay for $82.

Brian

·
Ironbutt
7,415 Posts
vindex1963 said:
I put a sporster horn on my Softail Standard, it mounts under the tree and gets that nasty looking cow bell off the side of the motor. Makes the primary side of the bike look a lot cleaner and you can see the engine much better.
I had thought about doing this with my Softail. What did you use to cover up the area where the cowbell was bolted?

·
semi-retired
1,844 Posts
i like that cowbell

I don't use my horn that much.i try and ride so that i can anticipate what the a$$holes will do . using the horn is the same as flipping the bird,it's done after i slow/stop/turn/etc.if i want to let someone know they're driving licke a d1ck,i'll let them know in a more dirct manner.

·
Banned
711 Posts
scackley said:
I am looking to change my oem horn off my new ride and wanted some of your thoughts before I purchase anything.

On my last ride I put the HD air horn on there and liked it alot, but I think I want something a little different for this one.

I have read some about the mini beast air horn but don't know much about it.

I want something to get people's attention when I need to.

Thanks for any and all replies
I have the Mini-Beast and I do like it and would recommend it until someone comes out with a freaking train horn I can install. The mini beast is easy to install and works well but, like FatBobRob I often express myself in a more direct manner since some of these a$$holes don't know what the sound of my horn means!

·
Super Moderator
10,494 Posts
miles to go said:
I had thought about doing this with my Softail. What did you use to cover up the area where the cowbell was bolted?
I can't remember if that's the button head that was part of the old horn. Really cleans up that side and I think the motor is H/D best part so why cover it.

·
Registered
207 Posts
We sell the mini blast at the shop I work at part time for about $120. The guys that have bought them are pleased at the amount of noise the horn produces. If you have fairings the horn does not seem quite as loud in front of the bike as from the side. On the down side its basically a retangular box lacking any styling. It is plug & play and not to difficult to install

·
Ironbutt
7,415 Posts
vindex1963 said:
Really cleans up that side and I think the motor is H/D best part so why cover it.
I agree. How did you mount the Sporty horn?

·
Registered
977 Posts
sawdust236 said:
We sell the mini blast at the shop I work at part time for about $120. The guys that have bought them are pleased at the amount of noise the horn produces. If you have fairings the horn does not seem quite as loud in front of the bike as from the side. On the down side its basically a retangular box lacking any styling. It is plug & play and not to difficult to install
Do you have a link to this horn where I can look at it ?

Thanks !

Edited to note that I found it.

http://www.bikerhiway.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=134

1 - 13 of 13 Posts