V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone.

Does anyone know who sells different horn covers for our bikes? (I have a 2006 Super Glide Custom http://www.powercobra98.com/harley however I don't think that matters because to me it looks like all years are the same cover). I just don't really like the stock horn covers and think they detract from the looks of the bike. I guess I just don't like the "bell" looking shape. Harley just sells different versions of the same shape.

There has got to be some companies that make different shape covers.

<><

·
Longtime Asphalt Cowboy
3,291 Posts
PowerCobra98 said:
.........I just don't really like the stock horn covers and think they detract from the looks of the bike. I guess I just don't like the "bell" looking shape. Harley just sells different versions of the same shape. There has got to be some companies that make different shape covers.
Don't know what kind of bike you're talking about but if you're talking bagger, you could do like I did, I put two of the High Output HD horns in my fairing thus not having any external horns for a couple years. I just added a ChromeCorner Beast to the mix. The Beast cover is different.

o~\o

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
YOU WONT GET SUSPENDED FOR SAYING "GAY" IN A NEGATIVE CONNOTATION?? Maybe there is still hope for this world:roflback:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RiverRat said:
Well by "gay" we all thought he meant happy - are you saying :yikes:
Correct...just like the Flintstone's theme song.

Perhaps the title of the thread should be "Non Happy Looking Horn".

People get offended way too easy. :ymca:

·
Banned
202 Posts
PowerCobra98 - here is am idea for you...

What about moving the horn (hiding it someplace, but making it functional still) and having the coil in the place where the horn was?

This will give you way more options on doing something with that "dead" area.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Those are Howards Horns. I bought them and they shattered to pieces from the vibration after only a couple of months. The company did not make good on the warranty. Had to finally dispute my credit card.

I generally got the feeling that they could care less.

I loved the horns, but they vibrate like hell. I ended up buying the Stebel Compact Nautilus air horns, modifying them a bit and placing the horn behind my right side cover and the compresser under my seat. The compressor and the horns snap apart and you can locate them in separate locations. They are 139 db and every bit as loud as the Howards Horns. Very happy with my little custom installation. I then got one of those 8 ball shift knobs and mounted it to my horn mount. That is the picture I am using for my Avatar. The Stebel horns are made in Italy and actually use the same compressor as the Howards unit.

You can buy the Stebel horns here:
http://adventurersworkshop.com/Merc...OMPACT_AIRHORN&Category_Code=Stebel_Air_Horns

Price is 39.95 plus shipping.

I have an '05 Road King Custom... don't know how they will work on your bike.

Good luck,
8-Ball

·
Longtime Asphalt Cowboy
3,291 Posts
8-Ball said:
Those are Howards Horns. I bought them and they shattered to pieces from the vibration after only a couple of months. The company did not make good on the warranty. .....
Hey, 8-Ball, what horns are you talking about, Howard's Horns??

o~\o

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,722 Posts
RiverRat said:
Well by "gay" we all thought he meant happy - are you saying :yikes:
I thought he was saying the horn is funny- you know, not 'ha-ha' funny.

Joe

1 - 15 of 15 Posts