V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all...I need some help here or some good ideas. I have an 04 Fatboy, did the high torque mods with the htcc heads, big bore cyl, 10.5:1 htcc pistons, htcc intake, 251 cams and just because I wanted that bulletproof valvetrain I did the s.e. roller rockers,perfect fit stock size pushrods, forged rocker supports and the s.e. roller lifters. I hogged out the rocker covers, and a harley mechanic friend hogged out the rocker boxes for the stronger 7000 rpm rated springs that come on the stroker and cnc ported heads. The bike runs like a bear....but after temp hits about 180 or so..the valvetrain gets loud...I mean REAL loud..gets that sound like a solid valvetrain way out of adjustment. Mechanic friend checked everything crucial and is stumped. What am I missing? there's not that much in there that wouldn't be obvious if there was a problem..no? Pulled covers and rockers back off..no obvious bad wear or otherwise, everything installed in the right spots. New build with about 100mi on it. Thanks for ANY ideas!

·
Registered
5,465 Posts
Change your valvesprings and lifters. 155# seat pressure is sufficient even with those heavy valves. Harley B or AMS lifters will work fine. I assume nothing has been milled and you are using stock head gaskets. with the perfect fit pushrods everything must be as factory recomended give or take a little.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The SE Lifters have the same insides as the HD A lifters. The plunger and Spring just do not get it done. I just pulled mine out. Can easly compress lifter with fingers. I ordered some RevPerf. from Steve at GMR. I have sent you a pic to look at. It shows HD A & B lifter Comparison and a Comparison of SE lifter, HD A lifter and Feuling non race lifter. The HD A lifter spring was stronger then the SE lifter Spring. The Feuling was really strong. Did not have the Rev's yet.

Check You email

1 - 3 of 3 Posts