V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have recommendations on noise cancelling earbuds. I ride a RK 2 hours a day at freeway speeds in heavy traffice and was thinking of listening to tunes. I have a Shoei full face helmet.

·
self banned
5,992 Posts
I have had a couple noise cancelling headhones, They both had a separate battery pack and would pick up noise when touched. Not sure I would want one on the bike.

I will use noise isolating buds. I currently had a set of Shure's that have memory foam to keep them in your ears and isolate the sound. They work great for me.

There have been other discussions on best ear buds, everyone likes theirs. Just search Ear Buds.

Now, I don't use a full face, I would hope you could get the helmet on with them in, not sure.

rkc

·
Registered
243 Posts
Look into a pair of FITTED (w/speakers) ear plugs - available all over the place bike shows (IMS), usually a vendor at any bike gathering, online, etc. One, they are more comfortable than ear buds especially if you wear a helmet (depending on what type), will block out more ambient sound, and you can play your tunes at a lower volume level. I got mine (manufactured by Stark) at an audiologist. MUCH better than earbuds, probably a little more expensive though -

·
Registered
6 Posts
well.....

Check out Etymotic ear buds with the speaker built in. I have a set and they don't have to be turned up very loud to over ride the ambient noise of wind and such.
Tourin'

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mine did not work well on the bike at all. Wind going over the outside surface made a lot of noise. Might have worked with a full face.

·
I'm Your Huckleberry
2,040 Posts
Get a pair of Radians custom molded ear plugs and make your own.
Radians are around 10$ in Ebay -- http://www.ebay.com/itm/Radians-Custom-Molded-EarPlug-NRR26-Blue-RADCEP002B-/230611889782?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35b18a2e76

Add your favorite set of ear buds and mold them right in.
There are videos on you tube on how to do this too...

A lot of us at the wood shop have made these for ourselves. The fit is exactly right, the music is just right, the outside world is attenuated safely (you can still hear enough of what is going on that you don't do stupid stuff (presuming you don't have the tunes cranked up to 11 ) and the price just cannot be beat.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
I can tell you hows company sucks though. Fuze earbuds. Customer service is the worst. I had a brand new pair that did not work out of the box and the guy I called could not have cared less and totally refused to help at all. F*ck them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone have recommendations on noise cancelling earbuds. I ride a RK 2 hours a day at freeway speeds in heavy traffice and was thinking of listening to tunes. I have a Shoei full face helmet.
my earbuds would fall out a lot and my ears would hurt after a 1/2 hour of using them. This is a neat trick to make custom earbud tips for your earbuds. They will stay in place and are very comfortable.

Make Custom Earbuds

·
Registered
24 Posts
After years of trying all types of plugs I finally bit the bullet and paid for a set to be made at a bike show. Now having seen the weird shape of the inside of my ear I understand why mass produced plugs/ear buds have never stayed in/hurt. I wear both open face and full face helmets with speakers fitted behind the trim, I can still hear the music and intercom but the wind noise that left me feeling like I'd left a 70's Disco is a thing of the past, even on a run of 400 miles following mates superloud pipes.. Best £55 ($80) I've ever spent

·
Registered
219 Posts
I don't wear earbuds on the bike, but I wear SkullCandy 50/50's when riding the Cub Cadet around the yard. They are comfortable, keep the exterior noise down, and sound great. $29 at Amazon.com.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts