V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Give Gore a break, they don't give that wasred out trivially.

It remains to be seen what post executive office awards W will recieve .

I'm not a big fan of Gore, but at least he's attempting a positive change.

·
Registered
886 Posts
nidan said:

It's hard to take Gore seriously when his 'carbon footprint' is the size of the Georgia Dome. Additionally, the scientific inaccuracies in that so-called documentary have been blantantly exposed, and he has yet to explain how/why they were put into the film.

Him receiving the award doesn't bother me, its just another example of the elitists doing a 'circle jerk.'

Heck, I'm surprised Mikey Moore didn't get the Nobel Prize in medicine for his 'so-called' documentary, 'Sicko'.

Dictating how others should live their lives while not making 'positive changes' in one's own life is nothing to admire about Gore. I say to him, "First walk the walk, before you talk the talk."

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
He and his wife run two businesses out of their home. :whistle:

·
Registered
886 Posts
thrasher said:
He and his wife run two businesses out of their home. :whistle:
What's that got to do with it?
I know many businesses which are greener then the Gore's because of the design of their facilities.
They are richer then you or I will ever be, all they have to do is spend the $$$ to re-design their home/office.
Heck, while its being re-build they can live in one of the leftover trailers from Katrina.
^rolleyez^

·
Banned
4,037 Posts
Ok here is the lie

Ole Danbolt Mjoes, chairman of the prize committee, said the award should not be seen as singling out the Bush administration for criticism.

"A peace prize is never a criticism of anything. A peace prize is a positive message and support to all those champions of peace in the world."

The award to Gore is code for saying the US and Bush are bad. Lets call a spade a spade.

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Timmy_D said:

What's that got to do with it?
I know many businesses which are greener then the Gore's because of the design of their facilities.
:whisper: Got a lot to do with it. One structure versus three. :whistle:

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
He gets a Nobel Prize for something that doesn't exist. Sheesh. Next thing they'll be giving them out for advancements in blinker fluid.

·
Obsolete Rider
1,728 Posts
Well, there goes the nobility of the Nobel Peace prize.

Gore is an idiot. :gun:

I'll not be paying much attention to future peace prize winners.
Being awarded this item used to really mean something.

We should send Gore to do spelunking in Afghanistan. :whistle:
(and Hillary should be the waterboy)

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
nidan said:

@gree: I agree....

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
You must keep in mind, its the Nobel Prize. People like YES SIR Arafat have won! Is this a joke? http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/lists/all/all_laureates_c.html

I don't see a category for boneheads. Al Gore isn't in any other filed of endeavor. I guess it was an award they simply wanted to give him for personal achievement. Like being able to put his pants on right or something. Oh, maybe it was for creating the internet. Who knows.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Last conference of Mr. Gore on the Canary islands, in my country, has a cost of 4000000 us dollars. what kind of nobel prize is that man?
The peace of you bank account.

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
Let us see now ...

The award is being made by a private foundation with no connection to any US funds and I'm hearing the conservatives bitching as usual about something they have no control over. If you are unhappy I guess you start some other private foundation to fund your awards. Maybe Jeff Foxworthy can give you some ideas for awards.

·
If we gotta wear helmets
210 Posts
toybox99615 said:
The award is being made by a private foundation with no connection to any US funds and I'm hearing the conservatives bitching as usual about something they have no control over. If you are unhappy I guess you start some other private foundation to fund your awards. Maybe Jeff Foxworthy can give you some ideas for awards.
Hmmm. Aren't you bitching about conservatives here, which you don't fund and can't control. :whistle:

I thought one of the great joys of being an American was the freedom to bitch about anything we feel like.

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
It is

dhwingert said:
Hmmm. Aren't you bitching about conservatives here, which you don't fund and can't control. :whistle:

I thought one of the great joys of being an American was the freedom to bitch about anything we feel like.
It is great to be able to poke fun at conservatives. Especially with there own mantra.

Besides Al is going to have to increase his footprint when he builds the new room for the award.

·
If we gotta wear helmets
210 Posts
toybox99615 said:
It is great to be able to poke fun at conservatives. Especially with there own mantra.

Besides Al is going to have to increase his footprint when he builds the new room for the award.
Uh oh. I missed another mantra. There are so many...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts