V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, the last saturday my harley evo (Electra Ultra ´94 40000 milles) coming to sound noisily the clutch and the gearbox, to the moment there stopped being transmission to the back wheel, the engine works well, but there is no nothing movement in the back wheel. Clutch faul or gearbox break?.

Sorry about my terrible english.

Barfly.

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Barfly said:
Hi, the last saturday my harley evo (Electra Ultra ´94 40000 milles) coming to sound noisily the clutch and the gearbox, to the moment there stopped being transmission to the back wheel, the engine works well, but there is no nothing movement in the back wheel. Clutch faul or gearbox break?.

Sorry about my terrible english.

Barfly.
I'd get into the clutch first, as you will have to anyway, especially if the gearbox has a major problem.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
harley92 said:
i had that problem on the freeway it was the gear for the drive belt what a relief ~!Awesome!
that would be my first guess too. the splines have a tendency to go out on the front pully. check there first. if thats the problem, make sure to check the splines on the main gear too. if they are worn even alittle change that too. if tou don't, you will be doing the pully again next year. that's what happened to me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the gear for the drive ....

ok, the problem is the gear for the drive....,:thumbsdn: i don´t have tools for retire the BELT SPROCKET, primary bearing race...., any idea for make this tools or i must buy it? where? I´m livig in Spain.

Thans for all!
Barfly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts