V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't ridden in almost 20 years. I got the bug and went out and bought a use 2000 XLH 1200 Sportster. I put about 3000 miles on it since May of 05 and decided in September to purchase a new 05 Road King Custom.

Man I'm glad to be back in the saddle. Living in Florida makes for good riding year round and I had the opportunity to go to Biketoberfest on the new bike.

Like I said, glad to be back in the saddle.

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Congrats on the "back in the saddle" and the KING

This is the forum for you. You will be very happy here because we all have the same passion for our motorcycles and riding them.

So post up and get a handful of laughs and great info from some real bike nuts, and bolts

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Post up often and enjoy.

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Welcome, lots of us have similair stories of years off from bikes then getting back on them. Ride safe and enjoy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
By the way, I took a Motorcycle Riding Safety Course soon after getting the Sportster. I thought the information and training I received were a good refresher and I learned a few things too. Thanks for the welcoming words.

Steve

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
Steve, good move taking the MSF course. I did the same thing and really glad I did. Never too smart to refresh those skills. After all our safety depends on it you know. Ride safe and enjoy that scooter.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. Great choice by moving up to the Road King Custom. I own a 04 RKC and it is by far the best bike I have owned. I just had to change out the bars for some ape hangers and it's perfect. Happy riding.

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
Welcome! I'm one of those "two bike owners" also -- and I often just sit in the shop and stare at both of them. I can't believe I came from scraping together dollars years ago to get one Harley and all this time later I have two of them. Enjoy the forum. I sure do - great people and lots of knowledge here.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Welcome to the forum and welcome back to riding.
The RK is a nice machine. I had a '94 and the only thing I did to it was scrap the fatboy handlebars for an old set of FLH bars. Great bike.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
sfseay said:
I haven't ridden in almost 20 years. I got the bug and went out and bought a use 2000 XLH 1200 Sportster. I put about 3000 miles on it since May of 05 and decided in September to purchase a new 05 Road King Custom.

Man I'm glad to be back in the saddle. Living in Florida makes for good riding year round and I had the opportunity to go to Biketoberfest on the new bike.

Like I said, glad to be back in the saddle.

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
hello from canada...and watch out for all those blue hairs from quebec that end up in down in florida over the winter! :whistle:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts