V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I hope there are no rice burners here because they are just too shy to post. I ride an old Suzuki 1983 gs1100ed and it is a old style 4 cylinder bike that still has the normal type of sit up and beg handlebars. i never was into full sized cruisers and have always favored a properly modified sportster as a ride of choice--I couldnt find one that i liked so i bought this suzuki and now i am hooked on the power it peoduces and the way it responds to slight modifications.
I saw a nice post in one of the other threads where someone said we should forget petty diferences because bikers are such a small percentage of the population any how. It was that post that coused me to tell my friends on the Suzuki GS website how great this site was. There are always die hards in both camps that cannot respect a persons right to do as he pleases but thats life'
I used to be royally ticked when some folks didnt wave back. Naturally some tmes it is not convenient or smart to wave.
My new policy is wave to every biker--even scooters and you know after a couple of month almost everyone in the area waves and lots of times even before i do-- it is contageous. :D
Oh yeah Im scotty the Slowpoke all 60 years of me

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Welcome to the H/D Forum

Thanks for the posts.

There are many membes here who ride or have ridden metric bikes.

We try to respect others, regardless of what they ride. Many of the riders who you would NEVER suspect had any interest in bikes others than H/D enjoy non-H/B bikes (on occasion).

Enjoy your time here at the H/D Forum. Thanks for sharing your story.

I wave to every biker I pass, regardless of what he/she is riding.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
It's the heart that counts.

Welcome to The Forum!

·
Registered
154 Posts
This is my first Harley

I've owned a dozen Japanese bikes and there is something to be said for every one. In that group were Dirt Bikes, Metric Cruisers, Sportbikes and Standards I still ride with my Metric buddies and no one cares what the other rides. The other bike in my garage is a KLR 650 dual sport that will do things and go places I would never attempt on any modern Harley.

For me its about the love of riding. My choice of ride depends upon what I am doing at that moment.

·
Registered
20 Posts
it's the biker that makes the bike...whatever bike it is, fact is we share the same passion....ride long and proud but be a gentleman on the road :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, Slowpoke, It seem's like I've heard of you. Are you not the guy down in central Florida that is famous for crashing his bike in his driveway. Yes, you are the one. I am sure of it now. And also are'nt you the king Of the old goats on "The GS Resourses" forum. We have found you out.
David

·
Registered
4,089 Posts

Don't wave myself, always give a nod of the head, to bikes OR scooters.
We all started somewhere

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
slowpoke59d welcome to the forum! ....famous for crashing his bike in his driveway; now that's a first?!:D ! Do you do that intentionally:eek:

·
Registered
4,089 Posts

David Price, Welcome also,,,:D

·
Ridge Rider
435 Posts
Doesn't matter what you ride..... just ride. I love my Harley but still have an 81 GS850L in the garage that I ride on occasion. Started on a Triumph Bonneville, had a Honda Elsinore dirt bike, and have ridden just about everything in between. One of the things I like best about this forum is that everyone is welcome.....so welcome to the forum.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
David Price said:
Hey, Slowpoke, It seem's like I've heard of you. Are you not the guy down in central Florida that is famous for crashing his bike in his driveway. Yes, you are the one. I am sure of it now. And also are'nt you the king Of the old goats on "The GS Resourses" forum. We have found you out.
David
You rebel spy you found me:D

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have been riding for almost 25years. 6 years of it in Indonesia on 100cc 2 stroke Suzuki (they do not allow more than 200cc displacement except the Police at that time). Later on I bought a Honda Hurricane (become CBR600 later on), BMW K75S and currently a 00 Triumph Speed Triple.

Just based on my own observation, back in Ohio it seem MC rider tend to wave to each other more commonly than here in SoCal where I currently reside. Now I tend to only wave if waved by other biker.

After reading Slowpoke article, I think I am going to start waving to other regardless...

Notice how the riding positions become less crouching and more relaxed for the sake of my back

AWDNUT
00 Speed Triple
03 VRod

·
Registered
62 Posts
Who cares what you ride. The important thing is you ride. I ride a Goldwing and hang out with Harley riders and none of them give a **** either. If someone has a problem with what I ride it's their problem. I still wave to everyone.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have to agree with you Wingrider 100 % .I figure if a person doesn't
wave because he don't approve of my ride then I don't want a sh#$ head
like that waving to me. Two wheels is two wheels period.
Ride safe
masher:cool:

·
Registered
235 Posts
My first bike was a Kawasaki Ninja 650. I loved that bike. So simple, smooth, and comfortable.

I traded it in for an 07 CBR600RR that I still have and ride as much as I can. I've tossed more money into it on mods (suspension, engine/tranny are stock) than I care to admit. It handles like a dream and is as precise as a surgeon's scalpel. I love that bike.

I also have a 96 Road King. It and the CBR fight occasionally in the garage but I take the "geezerglide" out when the wife wants to ride. It's a lot more comfortable for her, can't blame her for not wanting to get on the CBR that much.

·
Registered
9,250 Posts
My first bike was a Kawasaki Ninja 650. I loved that bike. So simple, smooth, and comfortable.

I traded it in for an 07 CBR600RR that I still have and ride as much as I can. I've tossed more money into it on mods (suspension, engine/tranny are stock) than I care to admit. It handles like a dream and is as precise as a surgeon's scalpel. I love that bike.

I also have a 96 Road King. It and the CBR fight occasionally in the garage but I take the "geezerglide" out when the wife wants to ride. It's a lot more comfortable for her, can't blame her for not wanting to get on the CBR that much.
Hey Clay,

This thread is almost 7 years old. Just sayin...

·
Premium Member
308 Posts
2- Kawasaki KZ 75
1- Briggs & Stratton Mini Bike
1- TC120 Suzuki
1- Honda 125 Elsinor
1- Kawasaki KZ650
1- Triumph Chopper
3- Suzuki GT 750 Water Buffallo
1- Suzuki GS850
1- HD Softail Deluxe

·
Moneygreen
4,781 Posts
Damn this is an old thread!!!Heres mine!!! 2005 GSXR 1000 with 1070 piston kit!!!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts