V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, this is my first summer riding my first harley, a 2002 fatboy. i've been riding *** bikes in the past for 20 yrs. after having the harley for 3 days , i get rear ended at an intersection, some guy talking on his cell phone not paying attention. i'm fine , the rear fender was replaced. what i've been noticing when being out on the bike is some people admire the bike and go to the trouble of waving or giving you a thumbs up , which is cool. but i've also noticed there are more people out there going to the trouble of throwing stuff at you , yelling at you, touching your bike when it's parked. it's not like we're racing up and down the street without any baffles at 2a.m., we're just minding our own business, cruising around on a hot summer evening. the people that are giving us grief are mostly in their late 20's , early 30's. it reminds me of the seen in easy rider when they're in the diner. when we were kids , there is no way we would touch anyones bike , especially a harley , most harley owners in the 60's& 70's were clubbers in our area. any more of this treatment and it's no more mr. nice guy!paul.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Hey, just beat the hell out of one or two of em and things will be fine.

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
Ball bearings in the pocket, it must have fallen off my bike sorry about your windshield, Or just beat the hell out of them. I've been known to stop in the middle of the road get off the bike and talk to the inconsiderate people. I am 6foot 2inches tall and about 260 pounds this usually changes their attitude pretty quick. Someone actually backed up so fast he hit the car behind him, I was laughing so hard I almost couldn't drive away.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Piece of chain in your windshield bag, Where'd that leather strap as a grip on the end of it come from? who said that? :eek:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Thats the joy of lots of crazy ass bikers here. No one ever messes with harleys here on the road or in a parking lot. Because they never know if its some rub or a 1%er.
Beside that i remember when i was a kid my dad took me to car shows and bike shows, #1 rule was if you didn't own it DON"T TOUCH IT, even if you are riding in it, sit still and don't touch anything.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
blackwhisper, that's right about car and bike shows, these kids were never taught about restoring or building something for themselves. everything they want is store bought for them by daddy or mommy, and when they're tired of it , they throw it away.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
I'm out riding,minding my own business,someone throws something at me,I'm gettin' the son of a *****! No way,no how anybody's gettin' away with that.

Maybe Canadiens do things differently,but I don't know of any one down here who would put up with that.

Stand up for yourself,defend what is yours,be it the road,your bike,or your hide!
guido

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
i've also noticed there are more people out there going to the trouble of throwing stuff at you , yelling at you, touching your bike when it's parked.
Doesn't seem to happen around here. The Harley Gods have given us the wisdom not to worry about matters out of our control and to hide the bodies of those that pi$$ us off.

·
Registered
686 Posts
No problem around here, but i did pull up to a guy who threw a cig butt out, I hate that. when I took advanced riders saftey course one of the things they suggested was staying in gear at stop lights ,and leaving an escape route, but I always put my bike in neutral maybe I should change my driving. saferiding rickpoco

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
I also hate the cigarette butts from inconsiderate motorists, how would they like it if we threw them back in their cars. I disagree with leaving it in gear, this puts extra wear on the cable and throwout bearing. If the cable should break while sitting at the light it could launch you into the vehicle in front of you. I agree leave an escape route, never pull to close to the car in front of you at stops and keep an eye in your mirror to make sure the vehicle behind you is going to stop.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
One of my customers told me the other day that when he was sitting at a red light in a 'ruff' part of the city, 6 or 7, 16/17 year olds crossed over to him, smacked him off his Sporster!
While most of them tried to beat him senceless the others made off on his scoot!
Found it an hour or so later in the estate these Fu(kwits lived burnt out! :eek:

Ask me, A baseball bat and a rubber soundproofed room seems fine. :mad:

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
FXDeanX said:
I've never heard a better arguement against gun control laws....
Dean
There are guns here, but if ya get caught with one, ya'll get about 5 years!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
harleyhog said:

There are guns here, but if ya get caught with one, ya'll get about 5 years!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
F*cking A,

England is a prime example of what happens when you practice "gun registration". Registration lead to confiscation which, in turn, lead to skyrocketing violent crime.

Criminals love unarmed victims!

Just f*cking stupid, if'n you ask me.

wyo

Life Member NRA

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
Try and convince the dumbass politicians that!!!

Responsible gun owner

NRA member

Gun owners action leage

20 year member Hanson rod and gun club

I vote and vote PRO-GUN(NO CLINTON SUPPORTER HERE!)

·
Banned
5,863 Posts
harleyhog said:

That's what I'm talking about. Ask any of our members here from Texas, Virginia,Pennsylvania or any other state with a right-to-carry whether somebody'd get pulled off his bike in their state. Ain't gonna happen!

Dean

·
Registered
99 Posts
What about the folks that like to clean their windows when you're behind them. Nothing like getting a windshield washer fluid shower on the freeway. I've never been harassed in Cleveland on my Harley. But if someone did give me a problem my 9mm is always with me when
I'm riding. Being a pig (cop) has some advantages. I agree that every non-felon (with some training) should have a right to carry. It would make my job easier.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts