V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had some work done on my 05 Softail Deluxe. Power commander, vance & hines long shots, bored out throttle body and dyno tune. On the ride home I kept smelling something like a electrical smell but was not sure it was coming from my ride. The next day I noticed that I don't have a low beam. I already knew that when I switched to high beam my passing lamps go out but now on low beam only my passing lamps work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Rick(Throttle1) from Schodack, NY

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I don't know about the electrical smell... check you harness, but if the running lamps still work, it doesn't sound like that would be the problem.

You may simply have a burnt bulb. The low can burn out while the hight still works. Replace it and see what happens before getting too worried about it.

I had the low beam burn out on one lamp after 1000 miles so sometimes you just get a bad one.

·
Forgetter of Things
2,657 Posts
check the plastic connector that the headlight plugs into...a loose connection between the male on light/female in connector will generate enough heat to melt the plastic

1 - 3 of 3 Posts