V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Acquisitions
4,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard from my future brother in law who works at cycle center HD in fremont that after may-they will no longer be able to install after market slip-ons and such at the dealerships on the 06 bikes! anybody heard anything about this?

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
Probably a CA thing for now for now. I noticed in the 2006 Accessories catalogue, that a lot of the pipes are EPA legal in all states but CA where CA law prohibits their use.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Your going to start seeing that more, with cats. Ask auto shop to remove your cat.

·
Acquisitions
4,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
MY bike is a 2000-I have no cat! thunderheader! just was asking in case I ever thought about getting an 06!

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
EPA Has adopted the Cali model for all states. It is true, certain SE pipes no longer available after may! Local dealer where I live has none in stock and I heard him tell a customer the other day that he would not be able to get them anywhere(which we all know is a lie of course, bet I could find some in 20 minutes).

You'll probably wanna do alot of hard thinking about that 06 and later if you dig a little performance, gonna get alot harder to get anyone to touch the new bikes as time goes by. Can't imagine what it's gonna be like by 2010....

The fun police are out in force as usual!!!

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
What really makes me nuts is that where I live, the air pollution control district tells us what days we can have a wood fire in the fireplace during the winter. Anyone who burns on a no-burn day is subject to a fine.

·
Banned
9,436 Posts
-2$en#e- Don't choose to live in the Republik of Cali. . . .

Lefty

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
fourstar said:
What really makes me nuts is that where I live, the air pollution control district tells us what days we can have a wood fire in the fireplace during the winter. Anyone who burns on a no-burn day is subject to a fine.
Too many folks, too much pollution from a lot of sources.

T113

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
In Europe is very bad. I must pass an technical inspection every two years, i change the pipes to the standard ones every time i need to go to the examination.

And if you mount passing lamps, you need to dismount it.

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
jellopis said:
In Europe is very bad. I must pass an technical inspection every two years, i change the pipes to the standard ones every time i need to go to the examination.

And if you mount passing lamps, you need to dismount it.
Don't the cows get fined over there if they take a **** on the wrong day? :hystria:

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
ALICANTE-SPAIN!!

I have been, there a real nice town. There used to be a real nice Beer Hall on one of the main streets running back into town from the water. It was down and to the left of the pier and the right up the hill on the right side of the road. It had a real big beer menu. But that was back in '95.
Rory
:cheers: :beer4u: !drunk!

·
Premium Member
3,624 Posts
Who cares if a HD dealer can't install aftermarket pipes? Bolt 'em on yourself. I could care less if HD drops the SE pipes completely. IMO, most of them aren't anything to get excited about, anyway. Most exhaust swaps have been "EPA illegal" for decades. It's really nothing new.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
xxxflhrci said:
Who cares if a HD dealer can't install aftermarket pipes? Bolt 'em on yourself. I could care less if HD drops the SE pipes completely. IMO, most of them aren't anything to get excited about, anyway. Most exhaust swaps have been "EPA illegal" for decades. It's really nothing new.
Cats are new.
Yes you can pull them off yourself, you can with a car too. As with cars a cop can bust your balls if he pulls you over without them. The big question will be, will aftermarket get more restrictive?
2006 IMO will be the start of doom and gloom

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Has CA ever forced people to install emmsiosn greater then when it was built? ie could they require cats into older models?

Going out to the garage with diesel torpedo heater. I would probably have a swat team at my house, and take me out in cuffs, in CA. That happens here from time to time too, but for other reasons.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
berserker said:
That happens here from time to time too, but for other reasons.
Dude, you crack me up. I agree. Aren't there bigger fish to fry? I mean C'mon, we are headed for trouble with any model after 06'. Cats are seriously bad news. If Cali goes in this direction, everyone is gonna, right?

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
LittleBear said:
Probably a CA thing for now for now.
Not just a Cali thing. Service manager at my local shop said the same thing.

Apparently HD asked their dealerships to voluntarily stop installing aftermarket pipes last year. Now they are telling them to stop.

The big question is if there will be any enforcement.

·
Ironbutt
7,412 Posts
Kindsvater Flat said:
You sure? My 2000 fatboy has a sticker right on the frame that says catalyst equiped.
Yes, the cat is right next to the muffler fan :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I have a buddy in Auburn with a V-Rod who tells me his dealer told him nothing SE will be available there next year.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts