V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Jack ***
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
This is my first post here, After a long hard battle to save enough money LOL I'm ready to buy my first bike. Can anyone recomend a good dealer in North Jersey? I would like to get something close to MSRP. I was ready to buy back in Dec. but my car died and then my replacement car died, so I had to wait until now. How long do you guy's think it will take to get a bike this close to summer?

Thanks,
MIKE

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Mike,

"How long do you guy's think it will take to get a bike this close to summer?"

Depends on what you want, many dealerships have bikes for sale you can buy right off the showroom floor. If you want something particular, you may have to order it. How quickly it will come depends upon the dealers allotment of bikes and the factories willingness to accept changes.

For example, I ordered a pearl white FLSTFI in January. The dealer had several more FatBoys coming in that quarter (Jan-Mar) but none in the color I wanted. HD said no changes in the 3rd quarter (or so the dealer said, but I have no reason to doubt). It looks like "sometime in May"

Like I said, depends on what you want.

Good Luck,

wyo

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Welcome, mikedc3!

Depending on the regions, some dealers have bikes on the floor at msrp right now. Run a search and you'll find some related threads.

I do not know the situation in NJ; however, if you'll travel outside of the state you'll be able to find a bike. I would point out though that there are some areas where the dealers continue to charge over msrp, some by several thousand dollars. Do your research before you buy. An extra 3 or 4 K can buy a lot of parts!;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Try Edison H-D. six of my friends bought thier bikes there.
At MSRP,But I think they had to spend $1,000 on acceseries at the time.
which wasn't really bad,exhaust, remap or reje carb, chrome.
this was before sept.11. I bet you could just get MSRP.they have a lot of bikes in stock,walk in ride home. good luck.
EDISON H-D :cool:

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
MSRP

Mike,

I live in NJ. I just purchased a 2002 road king classic from Williams HD in Lebanon, NJ off RT 78.

Bobby, the owner sells "all" model at MSRP "EXCEPT" for the fat boy. He get $1000.00 over.

The service was soooooo good with them that i wrote a letter to CEO & COO at HD. The next time i walked in the 3 folks who i mentioned in the letter thanked me personally for writting the letter but treated me just like the first time i walked in. Customer service at its best. Harley sells it self so really no need for a salesman/women but they went out of their way to be customer friendly.

I've been to many other HD stores and i walk out pissed off mainly because of everyone "POOR attitudes. Not at williams.

Best of luck,

Joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts