V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI GUYS,

NEW TO THE SITE---1ST TIME
HAVE A 99 SOFTAIL CUSTOM WITH BRANCH STAGE 4 HEADS WITH MATCHING 10.5 TO 1 PISTONS, ANDREWS EV 59 CAM (560 LIFT, 255 DURATION), MIKUNI HSR 42 CARB (RE-JETTED), DYNA PAK 2000 ADJUSTABLE IGN., VANCE AND HINES "BIG SHOTS", HAD IT DYNO TESTED RECENTLY---CAME UP WITH 96 H.P. @ REAR WHEEL-----LOOKING @ NITROUS OXIDE SET-UP, ANYONE OUT THERE HAD ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THIS STUFF ? HARD TO ATTACH ? HOW MUCH MORE H.P.?, IS $350.00 A GOOD PRICE FOR USED SET UP? ----ANY COMMENTS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED THANKS, SPENCE

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Dang, Spence. You've got a kicker! 96 h/p. That's pretty hot.

Welcome to the H/D Forum!:)

I know zip about nitrous, other than you can't run it for long periods. With Daytona underway, things are kinda quite right now. Let's see if any of the members still around have nitrous exp.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HEY ROAD CAPTAIN,

THANKS FOR THE REPLY------IF YOU HEAR OF ANYTHING ABOUT THE NITROUS IN THE FUTURE PLEASE LET ME KNOW,,,,THANKS

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey Spence, where do you think your gonna get to use that NOS bottle on those PA roads? :D Maybe between construction zones huh! I'm from PA myself 20 yrs. there.

Seriosly though NOS is pretty hard on parts(pistons especially) . Sorry but I don't have much info. about the systems available . Sounds like yo

u've got good hp to start with though! good luck, motorhead

welcome to the forum!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THANKS FOR THE RESPONSE MOTORHEAD,

YOU HAVE A GOOD POINT THERE ABOUT PA. ROADS NOT BEING THE BEST @ GETTING IT ON WITH TOP SPEED...I'M 52 YEARS OLD BUT STILL HAVE THAT PISTON HEAD MENTALLITY...IT DOES RUN REAL GOOD THE WAY IT IS NOW....PROBLEM IS I HANG OUT WITH OTHER PISTON HEADS WHO HAVE A LITTLE MORE THAN I DO, AND ALWAYS HAVE A WAY OF BRAGGING ABOUT IT...IF I DID GO THIS WAY, AND IF IT IS WHAT THEY CLAIM IT IS, THEN THEIR BIG MOUTHS WOULD BE PERMANENTLY SHUT...ANYHOW THANKS FOR THE RESPONSE....:) :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts