V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever used a set of these? Was wondering if they are worth the money. I read where one company that does it uses a cast iron sleeve and then an aluminum nik-a-sil coated sleeve inside of the cast iron. Is this how its done. Also is there enough room on a stock 88 to be bored to 95 and have this process done? Thanks all. This is a great board.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
harleyhinzy said:
Has anyone ever used a set of these? Was wondering if they are worth the money. I read where one company that does it uses a cast iron sleeve and then an aluminum nik-a-sil coated sleeve inside of the cast iron. Is this how its done. Also is there enough room on a stock 88 to be bored to 95 and have this process done? Thanks all. This is a great board.
save yourself some time and money. Call Steve at www.gmrperformance.com (he is a site sponser and sells www.revperf.com).

Yes you can have a 88 bored to 95 and have the coating put on but it will cost less to get the 98" kit from Steve. Do a search on this site for HDWrench (Steve). He helps a lot of people on this site.

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
wkohn said:
save yourself some time and money. Call Steve at www.gmrperformance.com (he is a site sponser and sells www.revperf.com).

Yes you can have a 88 bored to 95 and have the coating put on but it will cost less to get the 98" kit from Steve. Do a search on this site for HDWrench (Steve). He helps a lot of people on this site.

@gree: WITH WKOHN.... I have just completed my build a week ago using 98" kit ,37g cams, flat top pistons,comp lifters,lmr spring HUGE k&n ac, street ported heads all from Steve at GMR performance..... and let me tell you my buddy has a mild 95" build on a low rider and you should have seen his face when the fatboy on the fatboy pulled away from him and he could not catch me....... save your money and call STEVE aka HDWRENCH on this forum.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts