V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Neither one of those models seats are very comfortable, but they can be changed out easily.
So go for whichever one you like.
The Nighttrain does have quite a reach to the drag bars that might be a problem. HD offers replacement pullback bars that are similar to the Duece's.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Comes down to the look you want.

From experience really small people, women in particular, are often most happy with either the FatBoy or the Heritage Classic, the floorboards seem to help them, but all these bikes can be slammed.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for the insight.....I'll be driven,a lthough it has been a "few" years since I last drove. Hopefully it is like everything else....once you learn you don forget. But I am planning on taking the safety course regardless. After yesterday, I was leaning more toward the duece. If past practice hold true, when I finish with the bike, you will be able to look up "slammed" in Webster and find a pic of me and the duece...Already got a name picked out for it------>SLAMMER!

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have a Deuce and I've been thinking of extending the forward pegs a bit more; but I'm also 6' 4". I've heard that for someone your size, the Deuce reach to the pegs and foot brake was a little far. Of course all of that stuff can be changed, but you might want to sit on one for a minute and check it out.

Make sure to let us know what you get and how you like it.

Cheers

Al

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Big All..
did you see the Deuce on the cover of Harley Mag this month? I'm dyin here. think the OM may get it for Christmas and that is going to kill me! The weather will be to bad to ride:mad:

But I can polish and shine her .oops him all winter long or until the first weather breaks....

I will definitely post a pick as soon as I get him..

rkhd

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yes, I did see the picture. Your OM may get lucky like I did. I picked up my Deuce Dec 15th and put 1000 miles on it before February. In Omaha, NE, where it is suppose to be cold, windy, and snowy; riding is unusual! God was good to me!

Good luck and make sure to take and post pictures as the OM gets it set up.

cheers

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
roadkinghd said:
Whats the better bike for female about 5'3 that wants to have a nice comfortable seat attached Or does it boil down to what type of look I want?
Go for the Duece! The Nighttrain, although very good looking like the Duece, and cheaper, has those drag bars. The Nighttrain would work but of course you would need to get the handle bars replaced.

As stock, I think the Nighttrain might give you some problems as that reach to the controls on the handles is a litte bit of a stretch even for my bud who owns a Nighttrain and sits at 5'9"....

A little late in the posts, but hope this helps... ;)

·
Registered
134 Posts
The Deuce will be nicer off the bat but I like the look of the Nighttrain more. For a chick to ride, the reach of the bars will be the issue though. I'm replacing my drag bars with the Carlini 1 1/4 Fat bars. That stretch looks cool but aint the greatest for the back.....IMO:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts