V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for advice and or suggestions. The bike is a little long for my short reach. Don't want anything outlandish, just a little closer to me. Maybe something is possible with a seat change since if I slide up a couple inches, all is better. Thanks for the help!!!

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
i replaced the straight risers with 6 inch pull back risers and it made it like a different bike. It cost right at $100 but was worth it.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I put the Pullback Riser and Handlebar Kit on from HD for $170. Moves the grips back about 5". I have a pic out on the members page with them on. Love the new riding position.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Like the riser ideas, but can I do this and not loose the anniversary logo, this is a gold key edition?

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
If the anniversary logo is on the upper clamp for the bars it will stay you just replace the risers and re-use the clamp. It helped on mine.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I put the same kit that Harley offers for 200.00 on mine. I got the harley dealer to pull the bars out of the kit and found out they were sporty bars, 45.00. Then I went to E-bay and bought the 4" chrome pull back risers for 25.00. Net cost 70.00 insted of the Harley 200.00. I like the position of the bars much better now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts