V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on buying a new Harley, my first one. I am considering the Night Rod or the Street Bob. I know they are different machines, but I like the look of both. It is very important that my wife (5'7, 125) be comfortable.
How comfortable is a passenger on a VRSC? Or there any other things that I should consider in my purchase that I may not be aware of in regards to a Night Rod?
Thanks for any input!
Viper

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Both bikes are cool. I guess it all depends on what experience you're after. If you want the traditional Harley experience, got the Bob. If you want hi-tech, fast, and smooth, get the Rod. Obviously, you already know that you'll need a different saddle for the Bob if you're riding two-up. Also of note is the shorter range of the Night Rod (3 gal vs. 5 gal tanks). My opinion is that if you want a V-Rod, look at the Street Rod. It's set up for good handling in addition to the speed AND it's got a larger fuel tank.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have a V-rod. Stock seat = many complaints from passengers. Got the sundowner seat and sissy bar, fixed that problem. The seat is much wider that any softail or dyna stock seats, so it is actually more comfortable than my wide glide. Only problem is the higher pegs for tall passengers. The 5'10 - 6' passengers have been a little cramped, the 5'3" ones fit perfect. 5'7" ones have been fine also. Buy the bike you want, you can make either comfortable for her.

VRSC bikes are wonderful bikes, no complaints here, but totally different to ride versus the traditional Harley. Depends on your riding style.....

·
Humpin One Leg at a Time
455 Posts
Trust me on this one, Go down to your local dealer (when you get stateside) and rent/test ride a V-rod and a Dyna. They are completely different animals, and you need to pick the one that you like the best. You dont want to get stuck with a machine that you dont like. With all that said I vote for the street bob, the V-rods are just strange to me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advise. I had a crotch rocket years ago so I am familiar with that sort of ride but have not ridden a Dyna style bike. I do hope to test ride both and see what each is like. I am glad to hear that the passenger can be comfortable on a Rod.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts