V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Anti-RUB
Joined
·
1,901 Posts
It will probably change the rake on the bike, which will effect its riding characteristics. This kind of a change could effect (but will not void) your warranty. Only thing that will completely void the warranty is if the bike is no longer street legal. Good luck...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
230 Posts
The night train and softail springer share the same frame so there would be no issues with mounting the springer front end on there. The rake will be pulled in a little bit but if you look at a stock softail springer, you'll notice that the rake isn't kicked out as far as a stock night train or softail standard. Just FYI, though: It's not just the front end you'd have to change. Plan on changing the front fender, front brake caliper, headlight, and risers. It adds up pretty quickly!-2$en#e-
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,289 Posts
stratslingr77 said:
The night train and softail springer share the same frame so there would be no issues with mounting the springer front end on there. The rake will be pulled in a little bit but if you look at a stock softail springer, you'll notice that the rake isn't kicked out as far as a stock night train or softail standard. Just FYI, though: It's not just the front end you'd have to change. Plan on changing the front fender, front brake caliper, headlight, and risers. It adds up pretty quickly!-2$en#e-
If you really want to ride this baby, get an aftermarket 4 piston caliper and skip the single puck Harley part.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
76 Posts
Would that basically be a "Bad Boy?" It is a factory blacked out softail with a springer front end. My friend has one that is like a 95 model. They were not made to many years.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,289 Posts
darman1 said:
Would that basically be a "Bad Boy?" It is a factory blacked out softail with a springer front end. My friend has one that is like a 95 model. They were not made to many years.
We have a guy here with a black Night Train, black Springer fork with a solo seat and some other blacked out accessories. This is one bad looking bike and his objecive was to get as close to a BadBoy as possible.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thx for the answers.
I'll check out the transformation with my mechanic and will let u know

cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
spoke to my mechanic
the springer fork fits perfecly.
but it seems that the 21'' rim of the night train is not suitable for the springer fork. from what they told me, sringer forks needs special rims. If i were to mount the night train original front trim, it would end being a little bit out of axle.
then I need to put a new brake, risers ( I still want to keep my drag bar) and fender.....

ciao
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,289 Posts
pietro said:
spoke to my mechanic
the springer fork fits perfecly.
but it seems that the 21'' rim of the night train is not suitable for the springer fork. from what they told me, sringer forks needs special rims. If i were to mount the night train original front trim, it would end being a little bit out of axle.
then I need to put a new brake, risers ( I still want to keep my drag bar) and fender.....

ciao
Not sure about the rim, seems to be the same on all 21" front ends. Look out for a 4 piston caliper for stopping power, it's worth it
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top