V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Solamente inglés hablado
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Delinquents , due to the good turn out for the "April Fools ride". How about a Philly run? Up to South Philly for Geno's:thumbsup: I am working on the Reserved parking in front with the owner ( He's a huge Harley buff:thumbsup: ). How about the weekend of April 15-16th? Let me know.
S/F
John

EDIT...
04/22/06 Leaving from NOVA about 3pm. More detail to follow. I will update this post as we know more.

·
FYJIGM
1,147 Posts
I'll pen it in on the calendar. Give us an idea of miles, routes etc. Great idea now who's in?

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
LOOK...I'm workin on the bike as fast as I can...geez I never missed so many rides!!! It was Wyo, HD-LUX and I in the beginning...we were still chasin' Wyo...

·
Solamente inglés hablado
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I will post route and miles pretty soon, I am unhooking my computer in a few.. I hope they turn on the cable in my new pad.
John
Edit:
It is 180 Miles from Quantico to Geno's.
The route is pretty easy. 95N to 95N on the PA side, Hope off on 611. and we abotu 2 miles away.

1. Head northeast from Barnett Ave - go 0.1 mi
2. Bear left at Fuller Rd - go 3.1 mi
3. Continue on Joplin Rd - go 0.3 mi
4. Bear right into the I-95 N entry ramp to Washington - go 20 mi
5. Continue on I-395 N toward Washington - go 0.5 mi
6. Take the I-495 N exit 170B to Tysons Corner - go 30 mi
7. Take the I-95 N exit 27 to Baltimore - go 95 mi
8. Take the I-495 exit 5D//N to Port of Wilm/Philadelphia - go 0.2 mi
9. Merge into I-495 N - go 11 mi
10. Take the I-95 N ramp - go 17 mi
11. Take the PA-611 N exit 17 to Pattison Ave - go 0.5 mi
12. Bear left at S Broad St - go 1.6 mi
13. Turn right at E Passyunk Ave - go 0.7 mi
14. Turn right at Wharton St - go 93 ft
15. Turn left at S 9th St - go 42 ft

·
Registered
886 Posts
Philly Run - Easter Weekend

Sounds like a great ride - the only problem is that April 15th-16th is Easter weekend. Sorry, kids, plans already made for that weekend.
Tim

·
Solamente inglés hablado
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How abtou Friday Evening @ say 6 pm? It's abotu 2.5 hr up there

·
Fukengruven
100 Posts
A 2.5 hr ride for a cheesesteak is worth the Trip. If you don't like Genos go across the street to Pats. I prefer Steves Prince of Steaks in the NE
:woohoo:

·
Solamente inglés hablado
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like Geno's Steaks better then Pat's. I live there for a few years. I have been wanting to get soem steak for some time now..

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
I did that trip a few years ago. We parked the bikes in front of Gino's and got some cool pic just at the sun was going down and all the lights were on.

I got a Gino and my buddy got a Pats. Split 1/2 each. Both were good but I agree with NJ and prefer Gino's.

Well worth the trip through south Philly.

·
Yet another 43 Double D
626 Posts
bad timing

Agree Gino's is worth a trip but timing is bad for me :( Another time perhaps

Enjoy a bite or two for me.

·
Scooter Trash
37 Posts
I'm out for the run next weekend too. I'm taking my OL to my sister's in western PA for the weekend. I'll be up for a cheesesteak run next time. My bike will probably be missing the handlebars and controls that weekend anyhow. I got new bars, and chrome master cylinder, control covers, switches, etc. and I'm gonna try to get them on next week after work each night.

·
Solamente inglés hablado
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would like to leave Saturday at around 11am. THis way we can beat feet back for Easter Morning. I am going to have the wife with me. She thinks she can hang for more then an hour on back we will see.

·
Premium Member
322 Posts
Bfazona said:
I'm out for the run next weekend too. I'm taking my OL to my sister's in western PA for the weekend. I'll be up for a cheesesteak run next time. My bike will probably be missing the handlebars and controls that weekend anyhow. I got new bars, and chrome master cylinder, control covers, switches, etc. and I'm gonna try to get them on next week after work each night.
Post up some pictures when you get the new bars on there. I am thinking about ordering a set also and putting my wires inside.

I may be interested in tagging along on the cheese steak run if I have the time.

·
ovanay elinquentday
2,021 Posts
This sounds like a great ride, I'll be gone with the kids on Easter break though. Another time!

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
I'd like to tag along. I could meet you along I-95 at one of the big rest areas (Baltimore House, Chesapeake House) or you might want to stop at Mike's Famous HD. It's always fun to watch somebody overjoyed at buying a $25k SuperGlide!

·
Solamente inglés hablado
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey guys were getting close to the wire, Ever on post a Yea or Na. We might have to bump to next weekend, as many are having family in town (I found out last night I am also:whatever: ) :ntlgh: (inlaws).
John

·
ovanay elinquentday
2,021 Posts
4/22 would work better for me. But I don't know. 5 hours is a long ride just for a cheese steak! Can you get a decent slice of cheese cake to go with it, in Philly? Don't suppose they have any decent beer up there to wash that meal down?

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
GPO03FatBoy said:
4/22 would work better for me. But I don't know. 5 hours is a long ride just for a cheese steak! Can you get a decent slice of cheese cake to go with it, in Philly? Don't suppose they have any decent beer up there to wash that meal down?
Lemmie know too...it's together just gotta have the weather to get the miles in...

1 - 20 of 66 Posts