V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 95" build for awhile now. It has great performance but I am ready to play alittle harder. My bike is a 01 FXSTI. My build is Dewey Pro Street Heads (awesome), Wiseco 9.2:1 flatops, .030 cometic gasket, Andrews 37G cams, HD compression releases, se AC, and Krome Werk exhaust. Current dyno figures are 96HP 104TQ. About 5K on the build and was wondering if I could go to a more radical cam without any work other than swapping cams.
I really like the Andrews cam but would consider Woods or Crane as they are also excellant cams.
Current 1/4 times with race tuner data mode are mid to high 12's. Thats as predicted but I want more top end . I can get to 110 right now and 115 is right behind but I have to have some road to bury the speedo at 120. Just want to play some. If I like what I get I may put the 37G's in my 04 FLHPI along with appropriate BB parts and headwork.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
The Woods TW5 will give you excellent torque in the riding range of 2000/4500rpm where most bikes live..........and the 570 lift will give you a better top end.

The are a number of members here that have gone from the 37 to the TW5 and are enjoying a motor that pulls hard to redline.

The TW6H is also an excellent cam, however quite a number of members have complained about the excessive valve train noise even with the Baisley oil spring fix.

All the best, Ozzie

·
You don't say?
422 Posts
I'm thinking 9.2:1 isn't enough compression for the 6H or the 570. The 37s could use another 1/2 point or so.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
SILVER BULLET said:
His heads were set-up for 9.8 - 1 comp. Andrews 55G cam would be another choice ! nice #s now tho !!!!!!!
Hey Bullet,

I just got fugged over by Wally`s Cycle World cause they sent me the wrong fugging rear wheel and I ordered a left side brake setup and nothing fits........by the time this gets resolved I will have to fork out 500 for a matching rear brake caliper, 300 odd for a right side disc and 250 odd for shipping........and then have a 700 dollar drive side brake I cant use and a 300 odd dollar left side rotor paper weight!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I am sorry but my plan to go 98 inch just got torpedoed for a while..........maybe Jan/Feb 2006 now by the time I recover from this fug up!

They also sent me the wrong pipes that SANTEE wrong labeled and I am expected to pay 300 dollars to ship these back and a further 300 to ship the correct set of 300 pipes back to me.........so I am kinda pizzzzzzed at the moment!!!!!!!!

Wally`s Discount............you have got to be joking!!!!!!!!!

Ozzie

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
SILVER BULLET said:
THAT SUCKS. Go pinch a loaf,you will feel better !
OK it's official! I can change my signature from "Get Well, Dewey Jelen". You're back!
Warms my cockles to see you posting, you miserable old codger!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the advice guy's. I will give it all some thought and go play. In the mean time I am going to look at the baffles in my pipes and see what I can make happen there.
Talked to Dewey today and I have to say it was great to hear him back at it. As usual he is a wealth of information and just a good guy to talk with.
You guys have a good one. I'll let you know what happens.

·
Registered
780 Posts
GRock said:
OK it's official! I can change my signature from "Get Well, Dewey Jelen". You're back!
Warms my cockles to see you posting, you miserable old codger!
GROCK,don't tell anyone how I get the juice from the lizzard. You promised !

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
SILVER BULLET said:
Well According to Doc, we all know now that you use duct tape to keep them from bursting....

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
SILVER BULLET said:
Now I know you don't remember a lot of things from before your stroke, but you MUST remember that you sold me the rights to the Lizzard Juice formula right before that. I now have the sole rights to the processing, manufacture, and distribution. You must remember, right??? I wouldn't lie to you!!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Dewey,
Glad to see you are back in the saddle ! Best wishes for continued success!

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
pelon said:
I have had my 95" build for awhile now. It has great performance but I am ready to play alittle harder. My bike is a 01 FXSTI. My build is Dewey Pro Street Heads (awesome), Wiseco 9.2:1 flatops, .030 cometic gasket, Andrews 37G cams, HD compression releases, se AC, and Krome Werk exhaust. Current dyno figures are 96HP 104TQ. About 5K on the build and was wondering if I could go to a more radical cam without any work other than swapping cams.
I really like the Andrews cam but would consider Woods or Crane as they are also excellant cams.
Current 1/4 times with race tuner data mode are mid to high 12's. Thats as predicted but I want more top end . I can get to 110 right now and 115 is right behind but I have to have some road to bury the speedo at 120. Just want to play some. If I like what I get I may put the 37G's in my 04 FLHPI along with appropriate BB parts and headwork.
Thanks
With this build...........swapping the pipes out will realise more top end.................Bassani Pro Streets will do it for you..............and they will give you a good bottom and and the sound has to be heard to be appreciated...............drawback is that they are loud................beautiful business like NASCAR sound but loud.

All the best, Ozzie

1 - 15 of 15 Posts