V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all ,

A formal introduction is in place before I start reading and commenting in the other forums I just realized . I'm currently owning a 2000 Deuce which looks actually more like a Classic soft due to some hefty modifications :p
I'm short of a picture right now but I'll be posting that one on a later occasion . I have been riding since the mid eighties , mostly on affordable non US builds at that time and
only able to produce the $'s for the real stuff in 2000 . Worth 7 years of saving by then . HD's are very expensive in this part of the world but they're worth it all the same .

I'm a 63'er so closing an era of being in my thirties fairly soon now , but by reading through the other introductions I'm in good company for that matter . Have a son of 2 years (Timo) and a lovely wife (Sonja) and I'm riding as much as I can in this less favorable climate in this part of Europe .
I hope to learn a lot and to convey in turn much information on this site .
looking forward to know y'all better.

Have a good one //

Rik

·
Registered
629 Posts
Pretty cool seeing an international community here.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
rherlaar,

Welcome:p

I know you'll find lots of good info here. Post a picture of your ride if you have one, everyone *loves* to look at Harleys.

Regards,

wyodude

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
picture , here it is

Thanks for the warm welcome folks.
As promised , here is the bike .
(never mind my wife's pushbike in the background though ;-)
My son on the other hand made a clear and sound choice already , he's insisting on early morning "rides" just before kindergarten ;^)

cheers

Rik

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
What a great entrance! WELCOME!

Hey I am going to be in Amsterdam and Sweden the first part of Aug. Let me know if ya feel like poppin over to Amsterdam. Hell, we could make it the first site meeting place for an International Eyeball between members of The HarleyDavidson Forum.

Come on David, ya got to admit, that should get me some sort of grand prize. You should at least offer to match the NOTHING I always give away in my contests.

Bla HAhahahahahaHDFWWHarleyDavidsonForumWorldWide HA

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Amsterdam

Actually , we could have some beers in Amsterdam indeed . Mind you of the weirdos though , this city is cramped of em .
A'dam is only an hour or two from Brussels.
Would have to be in the first two weeks though , last 2 I'm riding out to Switzerland.
Sorry I didn't get that pic through still , aah
bikes and babes are always better on pics then in reality ;-) so keeping up appearances
for the tim being .

Rik

·
Registered
903 Posts
Nice bike! and possibly the cleanest garage I've seen. :)

·
Registered
629 Posts
HarleyJoel said:
Nice bike! and possibly the cleanest garage I've seen. :)
I must agree.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Nice bike, cute kid and I think that is a very nice kitchen you got there!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ayuh...my kitchen

Well , I decided to live in my garage , so polished the floor just for the occasion ;-)

Rest assured , it's oil stained and greasy enough by now to deserve being called a "garage" again. So my kid ain't allowed to crawl around from the missus anymore ;-(

AAh well , I'd call it still tidy enough but you know women...

rik

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
JimmyK said:

Come on David, ya got to admit, that should get me some sort of grand prize. You should at least offer to match the NOTHING I always give away in my contests.

Bla HAhahahahahaHDFWWHarleyDavidsonForumWorldWide HA
Great idea Jimmy K!

When you arrive at the airport for the HDF eyeball you will be met with the following:

A 2002 stretched Lincoln Navigator Limo with an open bar containing NOTHING and driven by a NOBODY. This limo with take you to presidential accomodations NOWHERE. Upon arrival and check-in, you will be greated by 6 nude, working girls and more especially NOBODY. Of course the trip wouldn't be complete without a little spending money, so I am including a sack of cash containing at least NOTHING.

Bla HAhahahahahaIhavebeenhangingaroundJimmytoomuch!!

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Boy some prize! :rolleyes:

I always get greeted by six naked ladies in Amsterdam.

Bla HAHAhaahahPassTheNitro! HA!

I should be in Amsterdam July 27 and 28th. If anyone wants to hook up there I usually hang around "The Other Place", "Hanky Pankys", or The "Excalibur" ( These are all 81 AMS owned and operated so if they make ya nervous we could hook up at The BullDog or Ricks.)

Thanks for the heads up about the "weirdooos" but I think I will be ok. The last time one messed with me I ate his liver. You could tell the guy probably drank Coors all his life because the Liver left a bad after taste.

There are several fine recipies for wierdos. Generally, they can be served with either Red or White Wine with no problem. Spleens are good but they are small so we will need at least 16 weirdos if you expect me to share. :eek:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
AMS 81

Hmm , not sure what AMS 81 stands for , probably a gap in my cultural spot in the cortex.

As for weirdo's , I was actually refering to these makeshifts in the red light district , you know ..the ones with a tied up **lly ...mostly Thai and it appears (I couldn't tell you of course as this is all hearsay ) they look better then the real ones ...(I don't know about the feel though ....all hearsay remember..but I wouldn't eat their ....etc

:D

rik

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Oh THOSE WEIRDOS ! :eek:

Well, been going to AMS 4 times a year since 1994 and ain't ran into any of those folks.

81 = HA

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
right ..

Well , 81 AMS had a small fire in their clubhouse lately ...I don't come around that city much lately . At 4 times a year you must know you way around much better then I do .
Museum and expositions I take it ;^)

See if I can drop down there those days , seems fair enough to try . (mostly I'm not getting farther then my old buddies hangout in Rotterdam though ;-)

rik

1 - 20 of 24 Posts