V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watching the beginning of the Colts/Saints game.

Will somebody please please please tell the people who schedule the pregame to quit scheduling idiots who want to warble their way though an "interpretation" of the National Anthem??

The song is what it is. Want to impress me? Show me you know how to sing it in tune and properly. Maybe that crap flies in the ghetto - but I am not a fan of elaborate vocal calisthenics!!

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
BluegrassBoy said:
Watching the beginning of the Colts/Saints game.

Will somebody please please please tell the people who schedule the pregame to quit scheduling idiots who want to warble their way though an "interpretation" of the National Anthem??

The song is what it is. Want to impress me? Show me you know how to sing it in tune and properly. Maybe that crap flies in the ghetto - but I am not a fan of elaborate vocal calisthenics!!
@gree: @gree: @gree: @gree: @gree: @gree:

And.....I agree.

I get so tired of the "stylized" versions of the National Anthem. Sing it right or don't sing it. Also, for many of the idiots in the stands, it would be nice to stand, remove hats/caps and place over their hearts and to let the singer (hopefully someone who can sing) finish before starting to scream for their team.

Rant over.

·
I haven't seen your bird.
8,499 Posts
I can't carry a tune in a bucket and I don't know much about music, but I have been told that the National Anthem is one of the hardest songs any vocalist could handle. And I didn't see the version sung at the Colts/Saints game. Still, I can't imagine anything that would top Rosanne Barr's butchery of it. My personal opinion is that dissent is one thing, but outright mockery of the National Anthem is over the top. It's like deliberately farting in church — squared many times. Not illegal but beyond distasteful.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
BluegrassBoy said:
The song is what it is. Want to impress me? Show me you know how to sing it in tune and properly.
I can't handle all the out of tune yodeling either...sing it or move out of the way and let somebody that can do so...it's not "America's Got Talent" fer chrissakes!!! It's a symbol of our national pride!

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
I've noticed that the NFL players (for the most part) actually do it right. Face flag, hand over heart.
Ever watched Shaq (or some of the other NBA players) cutting up during the national anthem? Makes you want to take a 2x4 to him.

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
MadCity said:
I can't carry a tune in a bucket and I don't know much about music, but I have been told that the National Anthem is one of the hardest songs any vocalist could handle. And I didn't see the version sung at the Colts/Saints game. Still, I can't imagine anything that would top Rosanne Barr's butchery of it. My personal opinion is that dissent is one thing, but outright mockery of the National Anthem is over the top. It's like deliberately farting in church — squared many times. Not illegal but beyond distasteful.
Farting in church is a great way to editoralize the sermon. That would be the loud ones. Those beer and egg farts that are quiet - they are baaaaad. We call them church creepers - it's hard to keep a straight face, but it is great to watch the expressions on the other people's faces.

·
Registered
501 Posts
The whole pre-game show was a bunch of crap - WTF big deal, first game of the season. Watching pro sports is getting increasingly difficult with each passing season. I used to enjoy it a lot more.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts