V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 193 Posts

·
Liker of Mid 60's FLH's
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sheessh...:whisper:
I was at the service desk, picking up my bike (high efficency clutch cable and dyno tune) and had some small talk with the service writer. Somehow we started talking about all the cool improvements on the '08's. He said "there's two major improvements in '09...you ain't seen nothin' yet..."

%[email protected]

I begged for more details, but he sheepishly shook his head and said he "didn't know". :spank:

If MoCo "rings the bell" again in '09 like they have in '07 and '08..how cool..how exciting does it get! :clap:

·
I haven't seen your bird.
8,499 Posts
Originally posted by ChromeWelder
I was at the service desk, picking up my bike (high efficency clutch cable and dyno tune) and had some small talk with the service writer. Somehow we started talking about all the cool improvements on the '08s. He said "there's two major improvements in '09...you ain't seen nothin' yet..."
If a lowly H-D service writer knows something about the '09 models, it's going to be leaked sooner rather than later, whatever it may be.

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
I've heard 6 speeds and 96" engines. Oh, 6 gallon tanks, too.

·
Restless
1,672 Posts
The news is HD REALLY is getting bought out by Honda this time.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
As a (recently) former tech of 4 years... he doesn't know anything. All the changes that occurred were a complete surprise to EVERYBODY in the dealership. The info comes out at the dealer show in July. HD is excellent at keeping it all under wraps until the last minute. Heck, the gov't might should put them in charge of all their "secrets", cuz HD can really keep them under wraps.

I was the closest of friends with my Service Manager, and he was close to the owner... and we all first heard of these changes during the dealer show.

I wouldn't believe anything I heard until then... just somebody "trying" to look "in the know".

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I hope they do something really good for 09, I was going to get an Ultra for my 50th b'day, but I am not so hot to do it anymore.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Ok, I got it, a sneak preview of a new 2009 model HD. This is a spy photo taken of it while being tested in China.

As you can see it's definitely water cooled for 09!

·
HATER OF THE GRAVEL!!!!!!
5,761 Posts
I hear they are going to come equipped with flux capacitors, so the new retros can cruise back when they were in style.:laugh:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Tube and casting frames on the baggers.

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
As a (recently) former tech of 4 years... he doesn't know anything. All the changes that occurred were a complete surprise to EVERYBODY in the dealership. The info comes out at the dealer show in July. HD is excellent at keeping it all under wraps until the last minute. Heck, the gov't might should put them in charge of all their "secrets", cuz HD can really keep them under wraps.

I was the closest of friends with my Service Manager, and he was close to the owner... and we all first heard of these changes during the dealer show.

I wouldn't believe anything I heard until then... just somebody "trying" to look "in the know".
TRUE, no one knows except those inside the MOCO who are in charge of the new products and those folks are under confidentiality agreements. At least the MOCO is really good about getting the info out and on the web as soon as they unveil a new product line at the dealer meetings. The real truth is most of us who are really interested in this stuff and watch closely on the day this stuff comes out know more details than the staffs back at the dealers do at least at begining on each new model announcement.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I agree with they should be in charge of keeping secrets for the government.

No one knows until it is announce by the company and how they keep it under wraps in this day and age is beyond me.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
The real truth is most of us who are really interested in this stuff and watch closely on the day this stuff comes out know more details than the staffs back at the dealers do at least at begining on each new model announcement.

I mentioned working in the dealership in my previous post... and yes, I will have to confess that there is a lot of ignorance at the dealership level in those first few months... I not only "listen" at the shop, but online (especially here) as well. Unfortunately, many others (at my dealership and elsewhere) don't do the same. Sad.

1 - 20 of 193 Posts