V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,
I registered here for the first time last night. Didn't have much time to say HELLO. Old folks have to get to bed early you know.
I'll make this short. I owned a 1970 Triumph Tiger in 1977. First Bike. Time and finances wouldn't allow such things. Family raising time! Kids all grown and flew the coop by 1996. I bought a 94 Vulcan 1500. Put about 20,000 mi on it by 1998 when I sold it and bought a 1994 1500 Goldwing. We put 42,000 mi on it and bought our 1994 Ultra Classic Sept 13, 2001. 6 mo. later we sold the Wing. We finally go it right. The reason for keeping the Wing for 6 more mo. was to run a little test. Each time we went to the garage to get out our motorcycle, I would give my wife her choice. There they both sat in perfect condition, equally equipped for our type riding. She would choose the Harley every time. When I took the Wing out to sell it I had to use the jumper cables. No brainer now right?
We enjoy touring, but so far haven't gotten any further than 5-600 miles from home. Gonna retire in about a year and a half and try to get a little further.
Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Welcome Benji,

I guess your wife made the discussion for you, It's just something about a Harley it's a true riding experience, the sound the feel and the reaction you get. Nothing else quite compares and the GW is a nice ride too, nothing wrong with a GW.

Again welcome to the forum, look forward to your posts.

Dave

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Welcome Benji, enjoy the stay looking forward to hearing from you often..........

1 - 4 of 4 Posts