V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from wintery Wisconsin.

My first bike was a 85 Nighthawk 700S. Now I'm wishing I would have kept it just for fun...but sold it when my husband bought a 03 Road King Classic and I got to take over his 91 Sporty.

Then we had a bad crash, both of those bikes got totalled, my husband was killed and I got some nice hardware in my leg.

But the accident didn't keep me from riding. I bought a 2002 Super Glide in the spring and I love it. Of course there's snow on the ground now to keep me from riding, so I have picked up a new hobby for winter. Knitting. It's relaxing and passes the time. I'm a member of a couple knitting forums, but I get tired of knits and purls all the time, so came here looking for some motorcycle talk.

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
Welcome to the fine forum of chrome, cool paint and v twin engines. A wonderful place to meet and talk about motorcycles and all the reasons we love them.

When you get board of the ladies social knitting forum, stop by here for some laughs, info and new crowd of really great people.

Be sure to do some reading up on some real CLASSIC posts by the masters of posting.

Pull up a chair and put down those knitting needles.....let's talk riding, bikes and stuff. All here at the v-twinnFORUM.com, your new site for one stop shopping.

P.S. sorry to hear about the bike crash.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
So sorry to hear of your loss.... it must have been very hard.

You sound like you are doing well and doing it in extraordinarily diverse fashion. Glad you are still riding... it is obviously in your blood.

Welcome to the forum... you just happened to catch me on the way to my ballet class.

You know.... I kind of have this thing for hardware... care to post a pic or too?

·
Self Appointed!
173 Posts
I would also like to welcome you to VTF!! Your story is quite inspirational! To be able to jump right "back in the saddle" shows your true love for riding!

BTW, nice choice of bikes! I just picked up my '02 FXD last weekend!:cheers:

Hope to "see" you around the Forum!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey Knit socks,
Glad to hear you're aboard. Your story IS inspirational and I have a lady friend where I do my banking that went through the same thing last spring and she still rides, too. That just goes to show how much moxie you LADIES have. God Bless and hope to hear from you soon.
Crazy Frog:Banadance

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
Welcome & Enjoy...you have the spirit...now you've found the place

·
scooter coot
321 Posts
Hey Knitsocks, welcome from a fellow cheesehead. :cheers:
So sorry for your loss. :( :( :(
The characters on this forum are sure to keep you amused until mother nature can get us into spring.
Check in and post up often!!!

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Sorry for your loss. Sounds like you really enjoy riding. :yes: Post up often and enjoy.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
Sorry about your loss. My friend lost his wife last year in a motorcycle accident. Accidents to occur and they are never something we think will happen to any of us, but they do.

Glad to see you are riding again.

:welcome: to the forums.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts