V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha to all from paradise.just joined and reconize a few names, sure looks like a cool board, so a quick intro. i live on maui in hawaii, can ride almost every day of the year, and try, when i'm home. i have a selection of bikes, every penny i make goes into bikes, i grew up on british bikes, about eight years ago i got my first harley, a lifetime of waiting and i finally got a harley, well i'v since gone a little overboard on bikes, since i had nothing when i grew up i now indulge and spoil myself with toys, i now have five harleys, three indians, and one trimuph, (you never know when friends may come to stay or visit and need a ride) my oldest harley is a 1929, my newest, a1998, my oldest indian is 1926, my newest, a 2000, my oldest bike is a 1916 trimuph, oh, and my girlfriend has a 1980 vespa. anyway, thats my story, everybody have a great day.
mahalo.:)

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
nzhd, welcome to the forum. I'll be more than happy to come spend a week or ten and help you knock the dust and cobwebs off those bikes. Passed through Hawaii 4 times back about 30 years ago. Wouldn't let us off the planes though. What I saw, I liked.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Welcome !

Hey! Any pics of the 1929 bike? I'd love to see that one. If ya need help posting pics let us know.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Hey ! The 29, is it a 45????

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Damn! 1929 produced 3100 bikes 2100 of which were HD. That is a KEEPER! Have you done a search to see how many are left?
Thanks!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dave51, thanks, your welcome to come and ride anytime.
jimmyk,to be honest, i just got the bike two days ago, havn't done much to it, execpt start it, it had a fuel leak from the carby, and i ran out of time, i travel a lot through the islands, in fact i'm out of here in a couple of hours, to another island to set up work for the crew tomorrow, i do have photo's, tell me how to post, i bought the harley, the trimuph, and a 1916 bsa, out of australia, i sold the bsa to a mate of mine.
mahalo

·
Registered
695 Posts
Welcome and glad to hear that you're enjoying life so well. All the bikes you mentioned are special, but I'm sure you know that HA!
Sounds like you would be a great friend to have with the comment you made about "never know when a fried will visit" Cool !!!
Look forward to seeing your pics and reading your posts.

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
Hi and welcome. I just had to respond so I could ask you what do you think of the Indian bikes. Is the quality good?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi you all, " said in my best american accent" back on island, nice to hear people are interested in old scoot's, I am! "old bike's, old car's, old boat's and young woman, no offence to the fine female viewers checking this, but we must preserve history, man, with the limited knowledge in those day's, the technology was amazing, these bike's are "wow" talk about headturners, but that's not why I have "vintage" as they call them now, I just appreciate old, fine engineering, as soon as one of you good folk's tell me how to post a pic. I will do so and show you what i'm talking about, to answer "Smokey" the new indians are fine, over eight feet long, and over four feet wide on the bars, Chiefs i'm talking, 88ci s&s, standard running gear, but a big bike and a comfortable ride, my two are 2000 mod's, indian , I understand, indian is now making,or manufacturing thier own engine, I don't have a problem with the bike's, however, I do have a problem with the dealer, here in Hawaii, for two years i'v been getting ignored on warranty issue's, I am directly responsible for four more new indians being sold to friends of mine, through recomendations, but that will not happen again, my two bike's, with intrest, cost me almost $60,000, one would expect a bit of "after sale's service" In fact, a guy who works for me , after I recomened he buy an indian, waited over one year for title, registration and plate's, he ran on temp. plate's for over a year. sorry about the rambling, yes I like the indian, but the Hawaiian dealership sucks

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thank you

cox9000 said:
Welcome and glad to hear that you're enjoying life so well. All the bikes you mentioned are special, but I'm sure you know that HA!
Sounds like you would be a great friend to have with the comment you made about "never know when a fried will visit" Cool !!!

thank you cox9000 and guido, my home is always open, but also it is almost always full, me and my old lady are very hospitable, we have people from all around the world staying continualy, this is not a problem, it is a good thing, I work a lot, hardly never home, my cook/woman runs my office and is cool, I love the fact that real bikers want to ride and enjoy, we don't have long arse biting ride's, 'cause it's an island, but we have some really great ride's, and always ends in a pub crawl all the way home, the local police are way cool, they are very tollorent with the local bikers, (every club is registered with H.P.D.) we do a lot for the community and the kids, we have no helmets, we have no bike thefts, if someone stole a bike, where would they go? but we do have some great rides and some great roads, not as small and as boring as you may think, I personaly am very receptive to true bikers, my good mate here is a parts dealer(harley) and mechanic and he feels the same way as I, so, as crazy as it sounds, if you all are real people, and are thinking of coming to Hawaii for a vacation or whatever, e-mail or call me and we will do all we can to make your visit somthing you'll never forget, this may sound like "russian rollette" but hell where not really "hicks"
Mahalo to all the great people, sunny side up.

·
Registered
544 Posts
You sure you aren't classified as a Dealership? Heck most Dealers in our area don't even have that many on the floor.

Welcome to the board.

Dave

·
Registered
695 Posts
Waren,
You sound like to totally Rye-Chus Dude -- the kinda people I hang with. My house is always open to you and your woman if you're ever in the Washington DC area. You've got it pegged -- real bikers want to ride and enjoy, treat each other with respect, like a brother would. Good to hear the comments about doing good things for the community and the kids. Nice people rule -- mean people suck, got no time for them. I do a lot of traveling (all over the world) and always enjoy meeting people like you. I don't have any immediate travel plans to visit your island but if something comes up I'll definitely let you know.
I was talking to my father last night I mentioned your 1926 Indian -- he got all worked up because his very first motorcycle was an Indian. He was telling me that after learning to ride it he had a litle trouble adjusting to his Harley because the controls were opposite. I'd sure like to see some pics of these bikes.
Take care and Mahalo to you also.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
cox9000,thank you for the kind words, glad you understand where i'm coming from, your father is so right on the confusion of riding old to new bikes, the throttle on the left, the spark advance/retard on the right, and we won't even get into clutch's, gearshifts or manually priming the oil as you ride, ex. look over your shoulder to see how much smoke is coming from the exaust, if not enough, pump the primer, then jump on a new bike and rethink whats where, then jump in a helicopter, and the throttle is on the left, but you must roll it outwards to apply throttle, oh so confusing, ha ha,
take care all, Aloha.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts