I unplugged the sending unit to check for corrosion and it looked good, so i fired it up this morning and oil pressure was great until it warmed up then it started loosing oil pressure more and more as it warmed up. At idle the oil pressure drops to zero and the light comes on. So i shut it down again.
I put a mechanical oil pressure gauge on it and dont have any oil pressure. I unhooked the tubing on back of the gauge and started it back up but never saw any oil in the plastic tubing. I put the oil sending unit back on and cant get any pressure on the stock gauge.
Exactly right claydbal, they did all the mods but didnt change stock cam bearings. Gonna be close to $2K for parts and labor from a local mechanic. During the repair I decided to go with the high pressure oil pump and the hydraulic cam chain tensioners. Hopefully this will be the last time I'm in this motor for a while.