V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first post, so who knows what will happen.
I'm looking for saddlebags that will fit a
2002 883C without having to relocate any turnsignals. Does anyone have any ideas or good luck? Most of the bags I see listed all require relocation or don't fit. Thanks for your support!

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Welcome, Sea-Weed.

I know several riders who use "throw-over" saddlebags, with Dynas and Sportsters and they do not use bag supports/braces and have not relocated the turn signals. Now, is this a good idea? No. Without some support in back, the saddlebags will eventually rub against moving parts of the bike. Can you get away with it for a short time? Yes, but I don't recommend it for long.

As you have already learned, check the size of the bags before you buy them. I also encourage you to look at other Sportsters with saddlebags. What kind appeal to you? What will look good on your bike? And keep in mind that the bags can actually be too small, making them essentially useless.

The last question for you is: how often will you be using the saddle bags? If you plan to plan to use the bags often, cough up the bucks and relocate the turn signals, and buy the supports.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
I have some hard bags from my Sportster that I am willing to unload if your interested. I live nearby in Worcester. Contatct me through this post for more info. :Dennis :) : --8

1 - 3 of 3 Posts