V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I just got my 03 Deuce EFI two days ago and already the bug has bitten me. I ordered V&H Bigshots (staggered) and a power commander IIIr for the bike. I want to get a screraming eagle intake to go along with it. My question is do I have to wait to put some miles on the bike before I do all of these things or can I do them right away? Should I wait until the first service? Will I notice a big difference with these modifications? How big of a difference will I notice with a 1550 kit over stock? I also purchased a 7 year warranty in case anything goes wrong. I have never owned a bike like this before. I have always ridden sport bikes with more than 120hp and to ntice the difference was almost impossible. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Pete

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Hey Pete!

As you know, adding the SE breather kit and less restrictive exhaust is referred to as stage I. On EFI bikes, the dealer will also reflash your ECM.

You can do the Stage I upgrade anytime, some folks do it before the bike is delivered, some wait. I waited until the 1000 mile service before going to Stage I. This allows time to get a feel for the stock performance and, subsequently, the performance gains from the Stage I upgrade.

The "1550 kit" is commonly called stage II and involves boring your existing cyclinders or swapping the out for larger ones and adding a higher performance cam. A common Stage II would be the big barrels, a SE 203 cam and another reflash of your ecm. Of course, there are many variations on this theme, more radical cams, modified heads, etc.

The best news is that you've found a great place to learn about all these performance options.

regards,

wyo

1 - 2 of 2 Posts