V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all,
After years of riding imported iron I finally saved up enough pennies to go and get my 01' XL1200C. I plan on doing stage one to it shortly after the break in and was wondering who makes some of the better ehxausts out there? I've looked through numerous catalogs and all the choices have my head spinnin' so I decided to see what experiences you all might of had with diff companies wether good or bad.
Also anyone have a hypercharger on their sporty? If so, is there a vast diff between the hypercharger and say the screamin' eagle air kit? Thanks for any help ya'll can throw my way
-Chandler-

·
Registered
77 Posts
I put Sampson straight shots on my 01 XLH1200. Easy to do and it sounds nice. If you do put different pipes on make sure you get some mufflers and a cross over pipe or you will lose HP at the low end.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Pipes & Air cleaner

Hey , I just bought an 02 1200 custom, I bought Screaming Eagle slip-on & air cleaner, With Dynojet carb kit. Pipes sound great & just had the air cleaner & jet kit done. But have'nt been able to ride it to much due to snow.:p Larry

·
Registered
381 Posts
Welcome to the Spotster family Furious.

First time I brought mine home it sounded terrible and farted alot. After working with it for a year, I about have it where I want it. Went with SE airkit, and opted for single jets over the dyno kit (less expensive). I know I should have stayed with the crossover pipe and kept the SE slip-ons on, but wanted to see the motor as well as hear it. So I opted for the Vance and Hines Straight Shots. Very nice sound and I find no detrimental performance issues with this set-up.

Go to http://www.sportster.org/tech/ for many articles on the performance side of things. The Maurice Riggins CV re-jet was very helpfull while working on my Sportster (do my own work) and is easy to follow. Good luck with whatever decisions you make, and remember this is a good canvas to paint the masterpiece your looking for.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
CheepOOOO and works

I just bought a 97 883 Hugger nice bike. I found my self lookin for more power just because thats the way we operate. I chopped the factory air box the lines are already inside just get the jig saw goin!! I put a K&N air filter purchised a jet kit, used the factory H-pipe and 2 13" pieces of stainless 2" pipe had it chromed too easy. I'm also working on a 35" piece of stainless for the front pipe and I will have a set of long shots to.
I rode the bike for the first time yesterday WOW what a difference. Meat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts