V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All. I am new to the forum and really enjoy reading posts. I honestly have to say that it gets me through the snowy, cold, Northern Indiana winter. I am new to motorcycles.

I first began riding when I was around 15 years old. My dad had a Honda 250 enduro of some sort. I never purchased my own ride...until now. I had been looking on eBay for quite a while. My wife thought I was nuts. I told her I could look at the bikes for hours and it would seem like minutes. She told me to buy one if I really liked it. I think she was half serious/half joking. I told her that I would begin to look serious if she was serious. She said to go ahead...so I did.

I found a bike that I really liked. It was listed on eBay and as a shock, was only 15 miles away. I made an appointment to see it and looked at it. I bought it the same day! It was roughly a month before my 40th birthday. I bought a 2004 Heritage Softail Classic with 2500 miles. In my opinion, H-D was my only choice. Harley Davidson's hold their value so that was a big factor. I also want a way for my wife and I to grow old together. She has never had a bike and I am looking forward to riding and meeting people with her. Nothing would please me more than to have her like it so much that she wants a bike for herself!

Anyway, sorry to ramble. I just can't wait to get out and ride. Be Safe!

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Welcome to the forum. many simular things we have in common, I have a Heritage and bought my wife a sportster last year. I shocked her and suggested buying her a bike. was a great summer, she couldn't wipe that childish smile off her face when riding, priceless to say the least.

good luck and ride safe.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the forum. Post up often and enjoy.

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
Welcome aboard fellow Hoosier! Anderson, IN here! Thanks for sharing your story and keep us posted on the the wife wanting her own! Maybe I can help! Ride safe,

Carrie

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Hey Ice...

Welcome to the forum. Sounds to me like destiny was calling. Keep that woman... she sounds great.

So where are the pics.... post one of the bike too.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Welcome from one newbie to another!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts