V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kinda found this place by accident....what search engines can do!

Anyway, my first ride was a Kawasaki ZX-6....but then I woke up...

My old man bought a '73 FLH from an ex-con....loved it...then my buddy got a '95 Nostalgia (which is the best model I've seen IMHO :) )...then I laid down and got myself a '97 FLSTS - her name is Selena, white with blue trim....

Did the apes
Outfitted Thundercones....loud!!!!!!!!!
Added new wheels, new chromes out rotors, calipers...
Still workin on her....still trying to pay it off! Gotta love those 6 year HD loans! ;)

Anyway...keep the rubber side down, guys!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Welcome to the H/D Forum, SoCal88!;)

Several fellow So Cal members are on board. A member from Nevada, highrider, just posted a thread about the Rock Store. That should make you smile.

Give Selena a "hi" for us.
:D

Lookin' forward to your future posts.

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Welcome SoCal88. I think a lot of us have had that same awakening that you talked about. It's usually just a matter of time for most of us to step up to the Harley plate. Once we do it's usually for life. Glad to have you here. If you have a picture of your ride be sure to let us see it when you can.

Later,

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hello and welcome to the board:) I second Fifthgear's motion for some pics of your ride, I love to see what others rides look like:)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for responding, I do plan on being around! I would love to share her with you, but I have no clue how to add a pic...I don't have a webpage...If you could let me know, I'd love to share!

'Till then, keep the rubber side down.....

SoCal88

·
Registered
90 Posts
Naming yer ride

Welcome to the board. I just got my Fatboy in January. Named her Hannah (my late mother-in-law's nickname, and pleasingly alliterative: "Hannah the Harley). I thought I was in the minority, being twisted enough to name the bike. Matter of fact, maybe we ought to start a thread to hear all the names out there.
Your ride sounds cool. Did you do the work yourself?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Yeah, we should start a thread with the names of our bikes...As far as the work done, it's only the small stuff...nothing mechanical. I leave that to the certified members of the community :)

Pretty soon, I'll be learning to wrench. But maybe after the warranty expires :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts